Stolen 1985 Honda Elite CH 80

Talk about just about anything scooter related here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Stolen 1985 Honda Elite CH 80

Postby mikelbass on Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:03 am

Hey All,

My red 1985 Honda Elite 80 was stolen last week from my apartment complex here in the central Missouri area (Boone County), currently it does not have the side cowlings on, so it is half naked and sticks out like a soar thumb and has a go pro mount on the front storage compartment. If anyone in the area sees it please let me know or report it to the Columbia Missouri Police Department.

Thanks All!
--Bass
mikelbass

Re: Stolen 1985 Honda Elite CH 80

Postby GizmoGal on Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:32 pm

Feel real bad for your loss. Scary that people steal scooters. Good that you reported the theft to local police. They often come across the missing vehicle in the course of pursuing bad people for other reasons.

I don’t know how active the stolen scooter registry is, but here’s a link to put out the word further:

http://scoot.net/stolen/poststolen.cgi

Wishing you a speedy return of your scooter, and in working condition. Don’t give up hope.
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Postby mikelbass on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:16 am

Thank you GizmoGal, I will check into it; seems my neighbor's yellow Scooter got stolen as well. Someone must have been casing the place and drove down into the complex with a truck, there's no way someone would have been able to see them from the main street.
--Bass
mikelbass

Re: Stolen 1985 Honda Elite CH 80 (FOUND!!)

Postby mikelbass on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Hey All,

I got my Scooter back, oddly enough it ended up at a house right behind where I used to live 2 years ago, my old roommates saw it and called me, so I drove by to confirm, then called the local police department; luckily I still had a copy of the key and the title handy as I just moved and still hadn't finished unpacking. Down side to the ordeal is the seat and the body kit is trashed, the head light was replaced with a Chevy van light that is dim and doesn't fit, they replaced the starter so everything has miss-matching keys now, and they cracked the front hood, so I got a long resto ahead of me now. Upside though, who ever took it did replace the carb on it and seems to have changed the oil and greased the bearings so it runs like new now and idles nice and smooth.

Thanks!
--Bass
mikelbass

Postby GizmoGal on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:59 pm

So happy to read it’s back and running well! Quite a coincidence that it was recognized where you used to live. I don’t you envy the work you will have to restore it. Sounds like you’re up for the job. Best of luck.

The thieves know where it lives now, so take precautions to keep it safe. Hope your neighbor got his scooter back, too.
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Return to General Chat