I was "dumped" one month ater getting my Met.

Talk about just about anything scooter related here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

I was "dumped" one month ater getting my Met.

Postby cutehogg on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:53 am

Sure glad there is no spoken words or sound on this board, because if there was (after I tell what happened to me) #:-s If my wife ever finds out, It will be bye bye Met. I bought my Met. in Sept. 2013, 2460.00 OTD. In October 2013, I had pulled over for an emergency vehicle, and was just starting back on the road, wasgoing about 15mph. when all of a sudden I heard an engine racing (not mine) I looked in my left mirror and here was this small car >:) at a 90 degree angle trying to run me over. He didn't run me over, but I moved a little to the right and my front wheel caught the curb. Luckily there was grass on the other side of the curb, and I jumped off into the grass doing a tuck&roll. I had a full face helmet on and a heavy winter coat, and winter riding gloves. When I stopped rolling, I was sitting up with my legs hanging over the curb. I was more worried about my new knee replacements than anything else at the time (new in 2012) they were okay but sprained my right ankle. My Met ended up 75 feet on its side down the road, and the engine was still running, Honda quality. Two Harley riders witnessed the whole thing, one took off after the car and the other came to help me. He picked up my Met. and put it in the nearby parking lot, he called 911 for me and they checked me out, I asked the EMT's "How will my wife not find out about this?" They said if they didn't have to call the police or an ambulance. The other Harley rider came back and said he lost the car But, that they know who the guy is, and that they would go have another talk with him. I said "another talk?" He said the guy has problems with anything on two wheels on the road. If he sees you, he tries anything to get you. Big BIKERS have their own kind of justice. I found out that the two bikers lived down the street from me, and I took them a case of their favorite brand of brew, this summer. I don't drink at all. I got back on my Met. and rode it around in the parking lot to make sure it still rode fine, it did, and I continued on my way. When I got home, my wife said, why are you limping, I told her that I pulled over for an emergency vehicle and that I put my foot down before I was completely stopped (5mph) and got it caught between the curb and my Met. and twisted it [-( . where the Met made contact with the curb, the end of the frame tube is not round anymore, kinda looks like the letter "D" and had scrapes on the right brake lever, right turn lense, middle of front fender scarred, whole right side scraped and gouged. Also cracked center tupperware, by right foot, cracked front right cowling. Glad my wife went out of town the next day, and I sanded where I could and went to the hardware and bought some matching paint (not pearl) but close enough #:-s she still doesn't know. Btw, I did auto body and frame repairs for 46 years and am retired....... Larry
Exposure to the Son prevents burning!
cutehogg

Re: I was "dumped" one month ater getting my Met.

Postby EvilNerdLord on Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:02 pm

glad things where not too bad, I worry about riding and knee replacements, I have to have one FROM a motorcycle accident back in 2011 (ugly story)...
I now wear under my pants a set of shin/knee guards (fox sports) & elbow guards, for just that reason...I can't take being out for another 9+ months from a shattered knee (or elbow) again...you may want think about looking into something, only takes a few seconds to put them. Sorry about the speech-a- fying, voice of (bad) experiences trying to help... :*>

Have checked on how much repairs will be?
EvilNerdLord

Postby cutehogg on Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:50 pm

I can get all neccessary parts (in color) for just under 400.00 from cheapcycleparts. But not in any big hurry, it runs fine. I walked for roughly 20 years with no cartiledge in either knee, was wearing the bones down. Had to medically retire, on disabilty since 2007. Got both knees done in 2012, they are both very flexible, I kneel on them, walk fast with them, etc. etc. Can also ride a bicycle with them, something I couldn't do for a long time, but I also have low grade COPD, so bicycling is out of the question. My truck only gets 9 mpg in the city, Met gets around 90 mpg's in city.
Exposure to the Son prevents burning!
cutehogg

Postby tortoise on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:00 am

EvilNerdLord wrote:wear under my pants a set of shin/knee guards (fox sports) & elbow guards

If Fox or Icon type knee protection is not being worn for nearby errands . . might consider Bracken from Lowe's garden department, which are also very useful while performing scooter-yard-home maintenance.
tortoise

Return to General Chat