2007 chf50s color difference

Talk about just about anything scooter related here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

2007 chf50s color difference

Postby scootinjane on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:00 am

I just bought a 2006, 2007 and 2009 metro scooter family! We are having a blast. The 2006 is for my college student and the others are for my husband and I. I have been searching around for one or two replacement plastic parts and am stumped with the colors. I have one that is flowered. Parts lists easily identify the classic white, blu and red, etc. When it comes to the others- I cant tell. Does anyone know how by the numbers? Its the 07 pink hibiscus I am having the trouble with.
scootinjane

Re: 2007 chf50s color difference

Postby callisto9 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:01 am

Wow - three at once! That's awesome! I had three very briefly and then sold one.

I think you might have trouble replacing those designed panels. I've looked on bikebandit.com for parts, but never seen the "patterned" parts. One of mine has the black and white "kanji" design. I actually didn't like it, so I had it vinyl wrapped. Maybe try eBay. I'm betting the pink ones are going to be hard to replace.

If you do find that part though - post it here!
2 Honda Mets - 2005 (black/white), 2009 (blue/white)
callisto9

Postby scootinjane on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:00 pm

They were all in pristine condition until I had a slow motion crash last Saturday. Now the pink one has scratches. I will live with them until i decide if wrapping is worth it. I be interested to hear how that went for you.
scootinjane

Postby callisto9 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:20 pm

scootinjane wrote:They were all in pristine condition until I had a slow motion crash last Saturday. Now the pink one has scratches. I will live with them until i decide if wrapping is worth it. I be interested to hear how that went for you.

It went great, for the most part. The part of the Metro front, with the holes, the wrap didn't stick properly to it, so they are re-doing that when scooter season is over. Overall, I LOVE it. I got both back panels, the front and the logos done for about $150. This may have been cheaper for me because I'm friends with the print shop and paid cash.

Before:

After:
callisto9

Postby callisto9 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:39 pm

I'm pretty sure this is red, but I do see these on eBay from time to time:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CHF50-CHF ... 84&vxp=mtr
callisto9

Postby scootinjane on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:44 am

Wow! It looks great. What a difference.
I have seen some comments about priming vs not priming, vinyl or another type of wrap.
Plastic is hard to cover. Any idea why it lifted? I am hoping for a nice deal as well. My sister owns the print shop in town. I may have her design something special since she is also a graphic artist. First though - I'll keep and eye on ebay and craigslist.
scootinjane

Postby callisto9 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:58 am

I didn't realize it until I'd driven it a few times, but you can kinda see the pattern below the vinyl. I'm not sure if that's because of the vinyl used or if the sun has faded it. It's a very very dark grey... almost black. But if you get up close, you can faintly see the kanii pattern underneath.

I love how it turned out though.

The only part where it had trouble sticking was in those holes in the front piece below the headlight. I'm sure that' s a hard area to wrap anyhow, but it's supposed to stick on rounded surfaces, too.
callisto9

Return to General Chat