my new 2016 metro

Talk about just about anything scooter related here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby typhon2222 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:40 pm

hondapcx150 wrote:
typhon2222 wrote:Hey @hondapcx150, are you routinely hitting the rev limiter on your new baby?

i had it doing 40 mph today and had not hit the rev limiter at that point but want to say that even if 40 is tops then i am happy due to the big increase in hill speed


:x

Sounds as if the new 3rd-gen Metro has about the same top speed and uphill push as the 1st-gen. I wonder how the new engine actually differs from the old.... I've heard it's more than just the old engine with fuel injection added, but would love to know what else has really been changed.
SCOOTS
2014 Metro (blue) • 2014 Metro (orange) • 2013 Metro (black/red) • 2009 Metro (graphite) • 2008 Metro (gothic) • 2007 Metro (purple kanji) • 2006 Metro (salsa) • 2011 PCX 125 (red) • 2013 Yamaha Vino (vanilla)
typhon2222
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:20 am

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby typhon2222 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:55 am

So the new 3rd-gen Metro uses the new AF74E Motor....

..... which is also used in Honda's new future-styled Dunk scooter (only available in Japan).

So any variator intended for the Dunk should also work with the new Metro, right?

The Dunk is so new that Japan's Webike site doesn't carry many parts for it yet. But it does list one variator: made by Endurance. http://japan.webike.net/products/21853494.html
SCOOTS
2014 Metro (blue) • 2014 Metro (orange) • 2013 Metro (black/red) • 2009 Metro (graphite) • 2008 Metro (gothic) • 2007 Metro (purple kanji) • 2006 Metro (salsa) • 2011 PCX 125 (red) • 2013 Yamaha Vino (vanilla)
typhon2222
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:20 am

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby hondapcx150 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:12 pm

typhon2222 wrote:So the new 3rd-gen Metro uses the new AF74E Motor....

..... which is also used in Honda's new future-styled Dunk scooter (only available in Japan).

So any variator intended for the Dunk should also work with the new Metro, right?

The Dunk is so new that Japan's Webike site doesn't carry many parts for it yet. But it does list one variator: made by Endurance. http://japan.webike.net/products/21853494.html

the metro has same engine as the dunk and also the 2015 and newer honda tact...compression is now 12.0 vs 10.1 due to the addition of water cooling...hp is now 4.4 vs 4.5 for the older model but comes at rpm of 8000 vs 8250
hondapcx150
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby typhon2222 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:39 pm

hondapcx150 wrote:
typhon2222 wrote:So the new 3rd-gen Metro uses the new AF74E Motor....

..... which is also used in Honda's new future-styled Dunk scooter (only available in Japan).

So any variator intended for the Dunk should also work with the new Metro, right?

The Dunk is so new that Japan's Webike site doesn't carry many parts for it yet. But it does list one variator: made by Endurance. http://japan.webike.net/products/21853494.html

the metro has same engine as the dunk and also the 2015 and newer honda tact...compression is now 12.0 vs 10.1 due to the addition of water cooling...hp is now 4.4 vs 4.5 for the older model but comes at rpm of 8000 vs 8250

Huh. Good to know....

Are you at all tempted to spray paint the floor mat and cubbyholes black? I love the white and black of the bike overall, but find the gray (and it's really a bluish gray) for those two elements really distracting. I imagine a little spray paint would improve the aesthetics.
SCOOTS
2014 Metro (blue) • 2014 Metro (orange) • 2013 Metro (black/red) • 2009 Metro (graphite) • 2008 Metro (gothic) • 2007 Metro (purple kanji) • 2006 Metro (salsa) • 2011 PCX 125 (red) • 2013 Yamaha Vino (vanilla)
typhon2222
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:20 am

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby hondapcx150 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:42 pm

typhon2222 wrote:
hondapcx150 wrote:
typhon2222 wrote:So the new 3rd-gen Metro uses the new AF74E Motor....

..... which is also used in Honda's new future-styled Dunk scooter (only available in Japan).

So any variator intended for the Dunk should also work with the new Metro, right?

The Dunk is so new that Japan's Webike site doesn't carry many parts for it yet. But it does list one variator: made by Endurance. http://japan.webike.net/products/21853494.html

the metro has same engine as the dunk and also the 2015 and newer honda tact...compression is now 12.0 vs 10.1 due to the addition of water cooling...hp is now 4.4 vs 4.5 for the older model but comes at rpm of 8000 vs 8250

Huh. Good to know....

Are you at all tempted to spray paint the floor mat and cubbyholes black? I love the white and black of the bike overall, but find the gray (and it's really a bluish gray) for those two elements really distracting. I imagine a little spray paint would improve the aesthetics.

nope but am thinking of getting rid of my white 15 and get a 16 in red or blue
hondapcx150
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby typhon2222 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:42 am

If you get a 2016 in red, please post a pic of your white and red side-by-side! B-)
SCOOTS
2014 Metro (blue) • 2014 Metro (orange) • 2013 Metro (black/red) • 2009 Metro (graphite) • 2008 Metro (gothic) • 2007 Metro (purple kanji) • 2006 Metro (salsa) • 2011 PCX 125 (red) • 2013 Yamaha Vino (vanilla)
typhon2222
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:20 am

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby hondapcx150 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:07 am

red 16 met.jpg
red 16 met.jpg (72.25 KiB) Viewed 4291 times
not mine but looks good
hondapcx150
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby hondapcx150 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:30 am

hondapcx150 wrote:
typhon2222 wrote:So the new 3rd-gen Metro uses the new AF74E Motor....

..... which is also used in Honda's new future-styled Dunk scooter (only available in Japan).

So any variator intended for the Dunk should also work with the new Metro, right?

The Dunk is so new that Japan's Webike site doesn't carry many parts for it yet. But it does list one variator: made by Endurance. http://japan.webike.net/products/21853494.html

the metro has same engine as the dunk and also the 2015 and newer honda tact...compression is now 12.0 vs 10.1 due to the addition of water cooling...hp is now 4.4 vs 4.5 for the older model but comes at rpm of 8000 vs 8250

webike has pipes for the 2016 giorno which is the same as our metro...not a big selection but more will be avail soon
hondapcx150
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby typhon2222 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:00 am

hondapcx150 wrote:
red 16 met.jpg
not mine but looks good

Very nice!

I only wish it didn't have that white stripe above the back wheel.... Wonder if black nail polish would cover it up nicely. :-?
SCOOTS
2014 Metro (blue) • 2014 Metro (orange) • 2013 Metro (black/red) • 2009 Metro (graphite) • 2008 Metro (gothic) • 2007 Metro (purple kanji) • 2006 Metro (salsa) • 2011 PCX 125 (red) • 2013 Yamaha Vino (vanilla)
typhon2222
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:20 am

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby hondapcx150 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:35 am

i tried to post some pics of my scoot in the metro section of total ruckus but i just cannot seem to do it
hondapcx150
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby hondapcx150 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:37 am

typhon2222 wrote:
hondapcx150 wrote:
red 16 met.jpg
not mine but looks good

Very nice!

I only wish it didn't have that white stripe above the back wheel.... Wonder if black nail polish would cover it up nicely. :-?

lol i had to go look at mine again because i forgot it was silver not white....i saw a red one in the crate at my bike shop and it looks really good so am hoping they have a red and blue one on the floor so i can lookby next week
hondapcx150
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby hondapcx150 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:40 am

16 met in blue.jpg
16 met in blue.jpg (284.46 KiB) Viewed 4285 times
hondapcx150
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby typhon2222 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:50 pm

Normally I prefer red as a scoot color, but in this case, I think your white 2016 looks better.... B-)
SCOOTS
2014 Metro (blue) • 2014 Metro (orange) • 2013 Metro (black/red) • 2009 Metro (graphite) • 2008 Metro (gothic) • 2007 Metro (purple kanji) • 2006 Metro (salsa) • 2011 PCX 125 (red) • 2013 Yamaha Vino (vanilla)
typhon2222
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:20 am

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby hondapcx150 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:18 pm

typhon2222 wrote:Normally I prefer red as a scoot color, but in this case, I think your white 2016 looks better.... B-)

the pearl white looks really good at night and also so does the gauge as it lights up in a cool looking orange glow
hondapcx150
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: my new 2016 metro

Postby Darkseeker007 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:32 am

I just got a new 2015 Met about a month ago and have been somewhat disappointed with the lack of speed. I am right at the top of the rider weight limit but I nor the salesmen took that into account when I was looking to make my purchase. My 2015 tops out at 33-34MPH on flat ground with a 270LBS rider, I now, wish I would have purchased a 2016 model if to even have gained 2 or 3 more MPH.

I love the white, that is the color I wanted as well. I ended up with dark blue, it was my second choice. I was buying a 2015 model to save some money and there was very limited stock available. I'm a Seahawks fan so dark blue works well for me as well. Congrats on the new scooter!

-Dark-
Attachments
1212121212121212.png
My 2015 Metro
1212121212121212.png (405.86 KiB) Viewed 4204 times
User avatar
Darkseeker007
Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:16 am
Location: Missoula, Montana

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 5 guests