Registration Problems

Everything else goes in here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Registration Problems

Postby GizmoGal on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:52 am

Readers/members:

This board has not had a new member register in over a month. That includes the inevitable spammers! So there’s few invasions, but no much-welcomed new members asking questions, sharing their scooter experiences. That keeps the forum very quiet and some here may wonder at that lack of new posts.

As the only active Moderator, it has not escaped my attention. I specifically wrote a PM to Jeff, Duderiffic, the Admin who owns this board and controls it. I told him I feared that the registration or enrollment software is not processing properly and no one new, good or bad, is able to join. I don’t know if that’s the cause, but it is very unusual to have no new memberships registered week after week.

I’ve yet to hear back; my mail to Duderiffic has not been received/opened, and I am unable to repair the glitch myself. I want those who enjoy reading the board and cannot sign in to participate to know I’m trying to get this changed. And those who are already urbanscootin members should be assured that I want to get new members admitted and I’ve notified the Admin.

I do hope I see some new sign-ons very soon. Thanks for your patience.
Members: Keep posting! Let’s keep it active and interesting!
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Re: Registration Problems

Postby greginisn on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:08 pm

There seems to be a pretty cold & indifferent group of people here. When I signed up there wasn't one welcome or a glad you're here reply from anyone. I don't expect people to gush much over me but someone could have said Hi or something.

Also maybe no one posts because these little scoots just don't seem to have the problems that the bargain basement Chinese scooterist runs into. So what's there to talk about?

I'm still active at 49cc scoot and people there have a ton of problems and it is fun to try to help people. And then find out what the problem turned out to be in the end.

Greg

Sorry if you think I'm out of line here but you did ask.
greginisn

Re: Registration Problems

Postby GizmoGal on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:37 pm

Actually, I didn’t ask anything, Greg. I made a statement as to why there are fewer posts than usual. My emphasis was to make sure there was some communication to all members and readers about my trying to get the board to work right for new registrations. I don’t think you can find a question mark in my post anywhere. Or any invitation to comment. You are always welcome to comment as long as it’s civil and on point. But I didn’t “ask” for reply.

I beg to differ that the board is cold and indifferent, but you are perfectly right that you should have been welcomed when you joined a couple of months ago with mention of the 2013 Met you were about to purchase. I’m usually the one to welcome new members as I am the only Mod and so I feel obligated to offer attention to new members, but I missed the chance back then. I try to read the board every day and sometimes I should post but I omit a welcome. That’s not cold or indifferent, it’s human error. You are a valued member and I’m sorry I missed the first opportunity to show enthusiasm at your joining.

As for reliability of Mets, they are rather good scooters and worthy of their reputation, but the Maintenance & Modification section of the forum gets nearly as many posts compared with other topic areas here. And most of those are questions about Honda Mets with performance or starting issues. So there’s plenty to talk about. Read the last year of posts there and you'll see these are Met owners needing help, and not with Chinese scooters. People get answers or suggestions and, unfortunately, seem to never come back to the board. It becomes one way; newbies using experienced members for answers and rarely is there a thank you or a follow up as to how it all turned out after advice is offered. It isn’t only Chinese scooters that suffer hassles, but there is a lot of help from the Met community for all pleas.

We’d all like to hear more about the scooter you said you were about to buy in May. Plenty to talk about there, too. You’ve posted only 4 other times and not much word if you actually bought that scooter, how it’s running, where you’ve been riding, what you use it for. Except for your avatar, we've seen no pictures of your scooter. Forums are for anecdotes and musings, all kinds of sharing, as much as help questions. If you want warmth and interest, you can supply posts about your own scooter experiences to invite responses. Get your replies going to more than 4 posts in 3 months and the threads will grow.

Meanwhile, there are no new member infusions until the registration process is working right. So members already here have to keep the energy up. No question about it. ;)
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Return to Off Topic Chat