Gotta love Craigslist!!!

Everything else goes in here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Gotta love Craigslist!!!

Postby gilliezoom on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Well I finally did it. I sold my 2002 Yamaha R6 to the first person who replied within minutes of posting it on CL Saturday night. I wasn't able to show it until today due to school and personal affairs. I couldn't believe how many people contacted me... i'd say 50 plus. Most wanting to pay me in payments, trade stuff, etc.

I did the honorable thing by responding to each one as they came in... a waiting list if you will.
Since the first guy that responded had first dibs, he took ownership within minutes of viewing it. :D
He also had a blast checking out the Mets and asked if they were for sale, I replied "HELL NO"!!!

Now to see if that 1975 Vespa in Scottsdale is still available. :D
'05 Met 2 salsa w/'08 engine swap "Allegra"
'08 Yamaha YZF R1 "Xitlalli"
gilliezoom

Re: Gotta love Craigslist!!!

Postby duderiffic on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:25 pm

Honor? Craigslist?

Personally I screen all contacts for basic writing ability- then I contact people in the order they e-mailed. I _never_ give out my phone number and I probably only respond to a third of the people that contact me. I don't want to deal with a lot people on Craigslist, but I figure putting that in the ad is kinda silly too. "NO LOWBALL OFFERS; SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY" - seriously- who does that stop?

Nice job on the R6- get some decent money for it at least?
duderiffic
Admin

Postby JeremyZ on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:37 am

1975 Vespa... Good thing you like to tinker and that you like the smell of burning oil, hehehe.

Congrats on selling the R6.

I always do the honorable thing too. It is sooo annoying when people don't reply. I either price it with some wiggle room or say "firm" after the price. If I say "firm" and someone replies with a lowball, I ignore it, since they obviously ignored me.

It isn't too hard to reply with a quick: "No thanks." and be polite, is it?
Pullin' Gs Blog - Updated 10/21/09
-2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 (For Sale)
-2009 Kawasaki KLR650
JeremyZ

Postby gilliezoom on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:17 am

I did get what I wanted for the bike. Many of my friends said I should've sold it for more but I bought it off my childhood friend for a very GOOD price 2 years ago. Sold it for 600 dollars less than what I paid for it.

As for the Vespa, it's a 1975 Primavera. It's on CL for $1800. Gonna try and get him down to $1500. I'm keeping the Met and the R1 but I'd like to have a variety of bikes for different riding conditions.

I've been checking out CL postings in the major cities and it's suprising to see how many GOOD deals are out there. To hell with E-bay!!!
'05 Met 2 salsa w/'08 engine swap "Allegra"
'08 Yamaha YZF R1 "Xitlalli"
gilliezoom

Postby Bustin on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:52 am

Craigslist rocks ! I've found some great deals on there , and hooked up with a few buyers as well, but you do have to deal with some flakes, especially as a seller .
"Cruising is what I dig the most." - Jeff Spicoli
Bustin

Postby benjo on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:24 pm

I sold all sorts of stuff on Craigslist a few months ago. It's tough since I live almost 2 hours away from any of the cities listed in my state! Fortunately we have a local version that was around before Craigslist was invented. :)
benjo

Postby fishcutter44 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:00 pm

Craigslist is great. I've bought and sold numerous items there to/from real live people, and also gotten e-mails from Nigerian royalty (yep, I'm proud of that). I'm old, so I used to sell stuff by newspaper classifieds and posting notes on local bulletin boards before tha interwebs were lining on :p
It does seem to attract a lot of nut jobs, though- why am I always checking it?
17 Met, 2016 Kymco Like 200i, Bajaj Chetak, one 1965 Fuji Rabbit, a 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Special, but formerly 2005 Vespa GTS 250, 1965 Vespa 125, 1973 BMW R75/5, 1980 Suzuki GS450, 1980 Honda Rebel 250, 05 Met Kanji-sold to a good friend
fishcutter44

Postby FlyByNite on Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:53 pm

fishcutter44 wrote:It does seem to attract a lot of nut jobs, though- why am I always checking it?

Nice hat. Does it keep the gamma rays out?
Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice
FlyByNite

Postby DeadRat on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:00 pm

Craigslist is the best! ive had a couple flakes but overall the people are good and reliable.
DeadRat

Postby sooznd on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:44 pm

You will always get the scammers & the spammers. If you are careful & ask for cash & deal locally , you won't have a problem---unless, of course you want to trade.
On Saturday- I posted 2 items that have been sitting in my garage for nearly 4 years -sold both of them within 3 days.

anyone need some movies for a beta vcr??? :D
Susan
EPSP #27
2006 Vino 125 Lapis Lazuli- gone but not forgotten
2003 Honda Met Celeste-lost in the line of duty
sooznd
Retired Staff

Postby Marty on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:38 am

[quote="duderiffic"]Honor? Craigslist?

Personally I screen all contacts for basic writing abilityquote]
I was courious to what that meant? If they have a poor education they are not worth talking to?

If so they still may be good fair tradeers. I don't have proper grammer, or punciation, but I'm a good person to deal with.
Marty

Postby GizmoGal on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Marty, it might not be the best idea to pick a fight quoting the administrator of the board over a year after a particular post he wrote. I can understand your getting all feisty if this was a recent thread and the issue was about you, but waking it up 15 months later so you can make a defensive point? What was the point, anyway?

You may be a good person to deal with as you yourself say, but you could help yourself by sharpening your forum etiquette. Duderiffic's comment was not directed at you personally, and everyone's comments that are generalized are fair when not personally attacking.

Your comment to duderiffic just made me yawn. (:| That's a general statement. But you can get worked up about whether it means I'm tired, or I'm saying you are boring and tedious?
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Postby ldrancer on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:59 pm

duderiffic wrote:Honor? Craigslist?

Personally I screen all contacts for basic writing ability- then I contact people in the order they e-mailed. I _never_ give out my phone number and I probably only respond to a third of the people that contact me. I don't want to deal with a lot people on Craigslist, but I figure putting that in the ad is kinda silly too. "NO LOWBALL OFFERS; SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY" - seriously- who does that stop?

Nice job on the R6- get some decent money for it at least?

what a dicksucker. wow what a dick you are. like oh my god he didnt spell the right. im not repsonding to him. first person who's got money, i sell to. like, what the crap. that's stupid. lkke they had to read your shit, to responod to you. you must be a moron, i hope you die. like they read your shit, and responded to you, and if you can see they want your stuff, your jsut a dick whos like oh no, they didnt speel the right. im not responding. your the kind of dick, who sucks.
whatever. your the kind of dick i shitlist and never respond to ever again, casue your an asshole. and i wont sell anythiung to you, but money talks forme. but i wont respond to you. man. like responding then your an asshole. ill never deal with you. what a dick.

edit: and oh yea, edit, duh did you get any money. duhhhh, i want money from people, . uh. yea man what a dick, i wouldn't deal with you. heres' my responses. its like this guys a dick to people, i dont want him around. so i wont sell to him. you get shitlisted a ton. i bet you hang around other people who have dicks in their mouths. haha.
ldrancer

Postby Bustin on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:14 pm

:)) Somebody made a friend !! :))

Hate to bump this, but I really did get a good laugh out of it. I'm guessing a 30 pack of Natural Light Ice and a singlewide with bad plumbing put this poor feller in a world of hate !
"Cruising is what I dig the most." - Jeff Spicoli
Bustin

Postby ronnath on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:35 am

This person seems to have quite a fascination with, uh, "richard".

hmmm....
'07 Yamaha Majesty in the faster Team Yamaha Blue color
07 Sportcity 250 - Now living elsewhere
06 Metropolitan- Now living elsewhere
05 Metropolitan- Now living elsewhere
05 Reflex - In Honda Heaven

EPSP #25
ronnath

Next

Return to Off Topic Chat