MGA531

Re: Cycle garage door opener

Postby duderiffic on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Boo! Hiss!!!
duderiffic
Admin

Postby Smorris on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:36 am

Note that the above linked video was originally made as a response to a guy's post on a BMW forum. MotoMadness has a real garage door opener, and the one above was a piss take on the MotoMadness version.

Notice even a lot of the same phrases http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXgC5keQGtw
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage
2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 ___ 2006 Vespa LX150 ___ 2005 Honda Metropolitan ___ 1965 Vespa 180 Super Sport
Smorris
Staff

Postby GizmoGal on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:14 pm

I liked both versions. The "real" one cause it is clever, the spoof one cause it is just plain funny.
I carry a push-button electronic opener device in my front inner basket and it works without any modification to the bike. There is a keypad outside the garge door in case I just want to use the number code to open the door (but then I do have to get of the bike).
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Postby FLATOUT50 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:10 pm

Just one bug, she doesn't bring a cold beer... =))
2009 Honda Metropolitan (Sold)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado Classic
FLATOUT50

Postby Duster on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:45 am

FLATOUT50 wrote:Just one bug, she doesn't bring a cold beer... =))

Simple matter of reprogramming the robot.......... :-o
Duster
It is well with my soul
Duster

Postby benjo on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:08 pm

We don't even have a garage door opener! Ceilings are too low. We have to open the doors by hand :p
benjo

Postby happyphysicsman on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:15 am

duderiffic wrote:Boo! Hiss!!!

I agree. We don't need to fuel anymore of the media we get today about how women are objects to fulfill every male desire.

I live in Richmond, VA and we have enough problems with men who don't live up to their responsibilities. They leach off of their girlfriend for everything they feel they need while the "girlfriend" is left with the housework, providing, childcare of their illegitimate children, etc. What does this man do? He plays video games all day, uses, demeans his girlfriend saying she's not doing enough to make him happy and needs to lose more weight. Eventually, her consequential nagging will get to him enough that he'll leave her for one of the other girls he's been seeing while she has been at work and taking care of the children.

What does that leave her as? A single mom, with a junk job, with no education, and with a mindset of entitlement because the years this man took away from her.

What does this mean for the children? They'll be raised either by: a. someone who is getting paid 7.50/hr with no formal education in childhood development and has little genuine love; or b. Grandma who is a lot older than she used to be and doesn't have the energy or patience for small children who don't get enough love from mom because she suffering with anxiety and depression, and don't see dad because he wasn't interested in their life to begin with. He was just there to have his physical needs met, or to put it more accurately, what he perceived to be his physical needs. Therefore, These children has a very low probability of becoming upstanding citizens who contribute and hold themselves accountable for shortcomings and failure instead of harboring feelings of entitlement.

Oh, no. We don't need anymore to fuel the idea that women are to provide every physical need for men.

I know this is an extreme example, but it's not as uncommon as some like to think. This is a very common circumstance here in Richmond and anyone will find it their neck of the woods.

I'll come down from my soap-box now, but it's stuff like this that gets my blood boiling.

HPM
'05 Met II in process of becoming a Met I
happyphysicsman

Postby MGA531 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:56 pm

HPM, Are you serious about your post? It was funny. And, it was his daughter if you listen to what he says.

Lighten up.
2009 Yamaha Majesty.
Previous bikes: 85 Spree, 06 Metropolitan, 06 Vino 125
MGA531

Postby happyphysicsman on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:40 am

MGA531 wrote:HPM, Are you serious about your post?

Yah, I actually am being serious, believe it or not. Maybe I was a little over exaggerated in my response and may contain a few logical fallacies, but the principles are still the same: men standing up and being men who take responsibility for their own actions, and treat women with dignity and respect.

MGA531 wrote:It was funny.

Well, I'm glad I could provide you with a good genuine laugh. :)) It relieves stress.

MGA531 wrote: And, it was his daughter if you listen to what he says.

Sorry, missed that one as I don't have speakers on the computer I used to watch it. Although, knowing it's "just a video", it still espouses a general feeling and encouragement towards disrespect.

MGA531 wrote:Lighten up.

Keep tryin' to everyday :) Trust me, I may talk big on my soap box sometimes, but at the end of the day, I'm still a puny nerd who drives a modified Met II.
HPM
'05 Met II in process of becoming a Met I
happyphysicsman

Return to Off Topic Chat