Shoveled Snow.

Everything else goes in here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Shoveled Snow.

Postby metronid on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:20 am

I live in a private community that is posted that only residents may park.
It clearly says that no authorized vehicles will be towed.
Each resident is given a clearly marked and numbered spot that goes along with a sticker for that assigned location.
All other parking places are not marked and any resident or guest of a resident may use that place.
Residents who have a driveway and garage are given no assigned parking spot.

It has snowed quite a bit here in Maryland.
Thirty inches or so and then another 15 inches or so again have fallen here .

I came home yesterday after taking my wife who is also my sweetheart and my better half to dinner for
Valentine's Day.
I could not park because not only did someone park in the place that I spent 8 hrs shoveling but the large SUV
was also parked over the line into my assigned spot which my daughters spent 8 hrs shoveling.
To say the least I was not a happy camper.

I am aware that I have no ownership of the unassigned parking slot but none of my neighbors have ever parked
there and this may be because they know why wife is handicapped and must use a walker.
II also had enough common sense not to use another spot that someone worked hard to keep open.

My temper was high and my anger was turning to rage.
I was going to block the SUV in but my wife said no.
I wrote a nasty note but my wife said to be polite.
I wrote a pseudo polite not and place it under the wiper blade.

The neighbor across the street said they were looking across the street from me at a house that was up for sale.
The driver came out and I relayed to him not only was he parked where only residents were allowed but he was
parked in two spots.
In broken English he said I should have came to him and explained.
Then he said he must have a ticket when he looked at the note.

I basically told him he was rude and probably just was too arrogant to even begin to comprehend.
In broken English he said he would not be moving in this neighborhood with people like me.
I said that was perfectly fine with the neighbor and me across the street screamed good riddance.

He left with six people in his car and 5 in the second SUV that his wife or friend that had another 5 in a SUV parked in the driveway of the house for sale.
metronid

Re: Shoveled Snow.

Postby FLATOUT50 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:20 pm

A long winter is coming to an end.
Attachments
Frankenshovel.JPG
Frankenshovel.JPG (36.34 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
2009 Honda Metropolitan (Sold)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado Classic
FLATOUT50

Return to Off Topic Chat