What happened to ScooterTime.net?!

Everything else goes in here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

What happened to ScooterTime.net?!

Postby spoolboyy on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:58 pm

I'm a user of Both ScooterTime and UrbanScootin boards when I'm in need of help and when I just want to talk scoots but unfortunately, ScooterTime.net has been down for a while, does anyone know what's going on over there?

I happen to know there's a VERY helpful post on that board for replacing the brake pads on my Vino 125 but I can't get to it! I was hoping someone here was in the know and would be able to fill me in!

Thanks, and I apologize if this has been asked, my search didn't turn up any relevant results!

-Spool
07 Yamaha Vino 125
84 Honda Aero 80 (sold)
spoolboyy

Re: What happened to ScooterTime.net?!

Postby GizmoGal on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Can't account for Scootertime.net and it is too bad you can't get back to that site.

For those who are curious, Shcooter.com, a fun forum dedicated to owners of Honda SH150i models has closed its doors. That forum is no longer in operation and I can't say if it will be online again any time soon, if ever. Sometimes these sites get a real following, sometimes people lose interest, and sometimes they get overrun by spam and have to be taken off line. Nothing's forever...
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Postby spoolboyy on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:17 pm

Yeah, its always a shame when all of that knowledge is lost.
07 Yamaha Vino 125
84 Honda Aero 80 (sold)
spoolboyy

Postby eggman on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:43 pm

Howdy,

As an enthusiastic Sh150i owner, it was a disappointment to learn about Shcooter closing. Perhaps Urban Scootin' could offer a section for the "orphaned" Sh150i folks..? :-<
eggman

Postby GizmoGal on Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:52 am

I know it is tough to lose a forum devoted to the special bike you may have interest in.

That said, I don't believe anyone here really needs a separate section for their particular scooter model to get help, or to share their stories. Feel free to ask questions or share information about your SH150i. I moved from a Met to an Elite 110 and have plenty of help here without feeling left out. This board is inclusive, not exclusive, so we welcome all scooter riders and their particular needs get pretty much covered. We have Vespa owners, Vino owners, and Buddy owners here aside from the Met and Ruckus riders, so stick around and share.

I think Jeff had enough to do without being Admin for two boards while Shcooter's narrow focus attracted far fewer members than urbanscootin and presented more challenge to him recently than he might have thought it was worth. You can write a PM to Jeff to ask him if he would like to set up a section here for the Shcooter enthusiasts, but only he can work that out.

Do stay here for now and if Shcooter is revived you can again enjoy more focused exchanges over there about your fast bike.
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Postby eggman on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Howdy,

Will do. Thank you, gizmogal! =D>
eggman

Postby GizmoGal on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:56 am

The SH150i forum is back up and working. THANK YOU, JEFF!! =D>
Those interested, go here: www.shcooter.com