Registration

Everything else goes in here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Registration

Postby Elio on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:58 am

My Registration on my Met is expiring soon and i was wondering how come on a new car your registration lasts 4 years and after that you need to register yearly and on my scooter,wich i bought new last year i need to do a yearly registration even if it's new ? any ideas ?
thanks in advance
Metropolitan 2009 (Ocean)
Elio

Re: Registration

Postby Smorris on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:51 pm

Probably depends on your state. Here in Ohio, you register all vehicles every year, although you can get a two-year sticker if the vehicle isn tot up for the biennial inspection in the intervening year.
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage
2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 ___ 2006 Vespa LX150 ___ 2005 Honda Metropolitan ___ 1965 Vespa 180 Super Sport
Smorris
Staff

Postby GizmoGal on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:34 pm

I agree with Steve. It depends on your state. You've made assumptions about vehicle registrations being the same everywhere and that is just not valid, Elio. Whatever state you are in obviously works the cars versus scooter registrations differently. "How come..." is not worth asking!

Here in New York, no car registration lasts 4 years. You have to have an annual car inspection and the registration is only good for 2 years even if bought new. Plus, all two wheeled vehicles--motorcycles, scooters, etc- must be inspected annually and registered every year, and all bike registrations are due in April, while car registrations expire and renew year round. Car inspections can be done by any State-licensed gas station, but bike inspections can only be done by specifically licensed "motorcycle inspection stations" so you can't just ride over to a gas station and get it done. Has to be a motorcycle shop or any vehicle mechanic shop with a specific Motorcycle Inspection license.

Asking these questions like "Why" is very stimulating. Like banging your head against a wall. Figure it feels so good when you stop. :-o
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Postby Elio on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:00 am

Thanks Steve and Wendy.
i guess it depends by each state ....
Metropolitan 2009 (Ocean)
Elio

Return to Off Topic Chat