Safety Council DUI Racket

Everything else goes in here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Safety Council DUI Racket

Postby yandosan on Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Looking for advice on a neverending DUI story.
I am trying to get a 2005 DUI in FLA behind me. In that year, I thought I had completed everything
(probation, fines, impound car, DUI class) etc but I found out in 2008 when a rogue cop harassed
me in Boca Raton (the lawyer I talked to said it was blatantly unconstitutional, and they couldn't even
come up with a reason I was stopped after much pressure) as I was walking down the street toward my hotel and I was arrested for VOP on the 2005 case. They accused me of not going to DUI class, not paying fines, etc but the only thing I had not done properly was the "treatment" class that can be mandated
in addition to DUI class. I was allowed to go back to my home state and take the treatment
class and the case was closed in late 2008. I remember struggling to get a concrete number of hours to take in treatment from the Safety Council in Florida, who seemed incapable of giving a straight answer, but I went over the top with 20 hours and everyone seemed happy. I believe my lawyer sent the info to the DMV or Safety Council at the county of the offense, not the Safety Council where I lived and took the DUI class in 2005, but we were acting in good faith, and never got any indication matters were unresolved.
. I have since moved to another state and got a letter recently, out of the blue, saying my(expired) FLA license was cancelled. Unfortunately, a cancelled license in any state will cause a 50-state suspension on a license.
(I think it's kooky to cancel an expired license but that's a separate story) I called the FLA Safety Council and after being given the runaround and being put on hold for hours I finally was told if I could get the Treatment Plan, Dismissal Summary, and Substance Abuse License # for the Treatment Center in the other state they could lift the Cancellation. Well, it was not easy to find those documents but I finally got them from the Probation Dept and the Treatment Center faxed the information to the Safety Council but they still have not lifted the cancellation. Even the flabbergasted Treatment Center guy who faxed documents seems annoyed they have not lifted it. I am really getting fed up with FLA Safety Council people, who appear to be a private company outsourced to do the dirty work of the DMV (perhaps in order to avoid those pesky "ethical" or "reasonable" standards gov't workers would be subject to): they never give you helpful or clear information, never give details in print, offer contradictory advice, constantly give people the runaround and then don't lift the cancellation even when you come up with the documents they demand. I really feel like I am dealing with a criminal racket at this point, 10 years down the road. How can I get the corrupt "Safety Council" out of the loop or who can I deal with to get this neverending DUI case over with?
I've had enough of their obfuscation, lies, and BS--it seems like they will come up with anything to pull you
back into their system and charge more fines, more treatment, etc. Enough already. It's all a big moneymaking scam.
Last edited by yandosan on Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
yando was here
yandosan

Re: Safety Council DUI Racket

Postby yandosan on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:14 pm

The original Florida lawyer is saying "We can't deal with DMV matters or Treatment matters"
so I am left to deal with shifty Safety Council goons who talk out of both sides of their mouths. My attitude when I call him back next week is going to be "No, no, you were retained for the DUI and the Probation Violation, you are gonna help me out of this and help close the deal as you purported to do years ago." Not going to be angry, just firm. On the bright side I leave the US soon to live and work in a place where they (gasp!) have taxis and trains and won't have to be worrying about this mess, or crazy/corrupt Florida, or the burgeoning DUI racket, before too long...c'est la vie.
Last edited by yandosan on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yando was here
yandosan

Postby yandosan on Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:30 pm

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58348

Okay, cool, based on some internet surfing, I realize I'm not the only one. I figured out their Modus operandi. The Safety Council that I have been talking about just shoves contradictory rules and mumbo jumbo in your face and therefore there's no way to comply. Now I get it.

"Florida has received the full report and negative urine test results from Michigan, and while the counselor's diagnosis was that "further treatment is not clinically appropriate", Florida maintains that it is "administratively appropriate", although they would not be absolutely specific as to what that means"

Classic horseshit double-speak mixed with gobbledygook. I'll be talking to journalists in the area to see
if I can expose these rats... The more I read online about the duplicitous "Safety Council" (LOL) the more I believe they are just gov't-sanctioned criminals.
Last edited by yandosan on Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
yando was here
yandosan

Postby GizmoGal on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:03 pm

I've removed my advice recently posted in response to your asking for advice. It is clear you do not actually seek advice. Since it's off-topic and unrelated to scooters, but not particularly offensive, I'm leaving your posts in place. Good luck fighting bureaucratic "corruption" with publicity while planning to leave the country. I hope your strategy is successful.
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Postby yandosan on Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:41 am

No, thanks for your advice. Talking to a lawyer and fighting this aggressively actually sounds like
a smart plan. Problem is, DMV and Safety Council generally don't deal with lawyers, so they are seemingly
free to hit you with illogic, endless complications, and fines, and as a scientist, in a field where logic is king, I obviously don't handle that milieu very well;
what I have experienced lately and read about similar cases seems more like the Twilight Zone...
After 10 years of BS from FLA over a first offense DUI I really need to get this behind me...
yando was here
yandosan

Return to Off Topic Chat