PARTING OUT 2013 HONDA METROPOLITAI

Looking to buy trade or sell your scooter or accessories? Let us know here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

PARTING OUT 2013 HONDA METROPOLITAI

Postby Medicinehorse on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:37 am

I have a Black 2013 Honda Metropolitan that I am parting out ,all parts are guaranteed unless otherwise stated . Contact me for any parts needed . this scooter was bought from a clean out company from a repo house ,I have not taken it apart yet and will do so as parts are requested .I do not sell as a whole scooter , only by parts . Thanks 386-344-five 1 2 zero I am located in North Florida
Medicinehorse

Re: PARTING OUT 2013 HONDA METROPOLITAI

Postby garicao on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:45 am

Hi...suspect i need the ecm, but how can we tell that yours is good? Does engine start and run?

Thanx.

--garicao
NCH50, 2013
garicao

Postby GizmoGal on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Seller says all parts guaranteed, unless stated otherwise. So he either stands behind the ECU or will not and will say so. ECU can be good even if this repo scooter does not run for some other reason.
He provides the phone number for inquiries. That's a good way to get a feel for the answers, hearing the seller directly, judging the sincerity, the specifics of the price and guarantee he offers -- call him.
Few people offer a guarantee and lie about it on a forum where they get no further business from deceit. If there was a report from you here of a deceitful practice, the seller would be banned from this board. He has more to lose lying on a sale than you have by trying a purchase.
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Postby garicao on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Thanks. All of what you say is reasonable and this is not an expression of distrust of the seller. The problem is that i'm not certain (see my recent "red herring" emails) that my ecm is bad. So if i buy one from a non-running motor and my bike still doesn't start, i can't tell if my diagnosis was wrong or if the replacement ecm was bad. I'll contact the seller and see if we can figure out a solution. Other suggestions welcome.
garicao

Return to Buy-Sell-Trade