EXTRA RIDER

If you're thinking of buying a Honda Metropolitan or Honda Jazz, but still have questions? Ask us here and we'll help you!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

EXTRA RIDER

Postby scoot68 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:38 pm

Hello everyone!
Looking at a 2010 Metro (49cc) tomorrow.
Two questions; First, will my very petite (108lb) girlfriend be able to fit behind me? I am purchasing a rear rack and trunk to give more room. &
Second, do the Metros have rear pegs for a riders' feet.
Thank you for your input.
-Hugh
scoot68

Re: EXTRA RIDER

Postby GizmoGal on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:29 pm

The Met is too small for a passenger. There isn't enough room no matter what accessory you add ( a luggage rack is not intended to support adult weight). The seat is way too short to fit someone back there with a trunk, too!! No, there are no pegs as it is not intended for any passengers other than the one rider. The Met does not have the go power to move two people and, more dangerously, it doesn't have sufficient brakes and stable steering to stop or turn with that much weight if you can get speed up. The wheels are only 10 inches and there are only drum brakes front and rear. If you insist on riding two up be sure to each get full-face, good fitting helmets to have a chance of survival when, not if, you crash.

It may seem romantic to think of whizzing thru the streets with your gf right there behind you on the cute scoot, but it's foolish as far as challenging the bike, a dangerous practice, and two up on a Met is illegal in many states. Buy two scooters and two helmets and ride together safely.

Enjoy your new Met. Welcome here. Post pics when you have your bike.

(Please try to avoid posting the same Q in two places in the forum. )
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Return to Pre-Purchase Scooter Questions