Thinking about a 125cc Genuine Buddy

If you're thinking of buying a Honda Metropolitan or Honda Jazz, but still have questions? Ask us here and we'll help you!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Thinking about a 125cc Genuine Buddy

Postby seafea on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:37 am

Heya!

I found a Genuine Buddy 125cc for what I think is a really good price. Around $1200. It's got about 285 miles on it, and the seller says it's in excellent condition (Gonna take a look at it, before I buy it anyway though, cause you never know), and the pictures seem to back that up. 3 different picture angles, and they all look good. KBB lists starting sales point for a used scooter of this year (from a dealer) as $1700, so this seems like a really good deal.

This will be my first scooter. I've rented them a few times before, and if I don't like it over the summer, I may just knock $200 off the price and sell it, so it'll go pretty easily.

I was thinking about taking a chance on a really cheap Chinascoot (yeah, I know the risks. Probably would be a terrible idea, right? Even if the selling price for one is <500.), but I think I'm gonna go with this one. I contacted the seller, and I'm going to look at it tomorrow. I may go ahead and tell him that I'm pretty much 100% going to buy it though, cause I had a good Metropolitan 2006 for $800 get snatched out from under me in a matter of hours a week ago.

Does that seem like a good price for a Buddy 125? I guess it's a moot question since I feel pretty set on buying this. I just wanted to know what you guys think.
seafea

Re: Thinking about a 125cc Genuine Buddy

Postby hamstrings on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:58 am

It sounds like a really good deal for a practically new scooter. I'd ask to see some ID, and go with the seller to the DMV to transfer title.
Last edited by hamstrings on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
hamstrings

Postby seafea on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:08 am

Yeah. It does seem almost too good. I forgot to mention that though. They have the title as well.
seafea

Postby tortoise on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:16 am

seafea wrote:seller says it's in excellent condition (Gonna take a look at it, before I buy it anyway though, cause you never know)

Test cylinder compression (10mm adapter required). Removing the valve cover will often reflect how well an engine has been maintained . . example.

Modern Buddy forum.
tortoise

Return to Pre-Purchase Scooter Questions