My Quest for a Symba!

If you're thinking of buying a Honda Metropolitan or Honda Jazz, but still have questions? Ask us here and we'll help you!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

My Quest for a Symba!

Postby ColumbiaGhost on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:24 am

I'm in Md, near Baltimore, kinda.

I really want a Symba. I know DaBinChe has one (or rode the heck out of one..) but over time I sort of became convinced I really needed a Symba as my first step out of 50cc realm. I checked them out in Frederick, MD when they first came out... and then this year when my money/living situation straightened out and I was totally ready to move up from my Metropolitan.. Sym (well Carter Bros) is burned down? And that Frederick dealership had either changed names or moved away, but I couldn't find them anymore.

I was like daaaaang.

But then Capitol City Scooters in Ohio came to the rescue. Even if Carter Brothers is no longer distributing, there are other places that still have it apparently. I happen to be going down to Columbus on some unrelated business in a couple of weeks so I have made arrangements to buy the bike there, and trailer it back. And then title and license-plate it back in MD.

So the logistics for all of this is hilarious. I took the MSF course and got my M license. I had to get a trailer hitch for the car, I'll need to actually buy the bike. I think I still eed to get my insurance kinda squared away..(made the call for that, but I haven't bought the bike yet); so many little steps.

I can't wait.

Like, in my mind I can already buzz the Symba to work and back. I take the Metropolitan to work sometimes right now, but I have to run part of the route on the shoulder of a 50mph highway.. Last year before I moved I never had to deal with this stuff. I'd rather have the Metropolitan just for neighborhood stuff.
ColumbiaGhost

Re: My Quest for a Symba!

Postby TheWalkman on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:06 pm

CG,

I was feeling the same way and took the plunge in early April: I'm now the proud owner of a 2010 Symba to go with my 2009 Met.

I'm loving the Symba.

I'm still riding my Met but on roads with 45 mph speed limits, having the extras speed and horsepower makes for a much more pleasant riding experience.

(I must say, the Met is a smooth running little machine and is great for what it is.)
TheWalkman

Postby TexasDex on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:56 am

I assume that new SYM I've been seeing in the parking lot is you CG. Pretty nice looking. What model is it?
Not actually from Texas.
TexasDex

Postby ColumbiaGhost on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:07 am

That is mine! It's a 2010 Sym Symba. I have almost 400 miles on it (not quite.. getting ready for 2nd oil change).

It's a great 2nd bike- I think it's a better commuter in general but I feel safer in the rain and can carry more (groceries, etc) on the Metropolitan.
ColumbiaGhost

Return to Pre-Purchase Scooter Questions