Bigger and Better.

If you're thinking of buying a Honda Metropolitan or Honda Jazz, but still have questions? Ask us here and we'll help you!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Bigger and Better.

Postby tbimmel on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:42 am

Hey all.

I'm getting married in about a year and the future wife REALLY wants me to get rid of my cycle. I have a 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4. Also, a 2005 Honda Metro <-----LOVE!

I'm looking to trade in both for something in the middle of them. Possibly a PCX or SH150i. I have not taken either for a test ride, but would like to get your opinions. How are these bikes? I'm really happy with Hondas, but if there's something in the 150cc range, what would you suggest?

Looking for a commuter bike. Not taking it on the interstate, but would need to go at least 55mph.

Thanks!
2006 Honda Metro
tbimmel

Re: Bigger and Better.

Postby tbimmel on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:43 am

my bad......the Metro is a 2006. 8-}
2006 Honda Metro
tbimmel

Re: Bigger and Better.

Postby hamstrings on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Why can't you keep both? Lack of room? Safety? :)

With the PCX vs the SH150i, it mostly depends on your taste -- do you want a sporty scooter that looks like nothing else on the market or a conventional step-through scooter? Both should have enough go for city riding. I had a CBR125R before, and I assume the PCX would be similar without the busy manual transmission. The PCX has a top speed of around 60 mph though, and that doesn't sound like much headroom over 55 mph.
hamstrings

Return to Pre-Purchase Scooter Questions