2010 Retro Znen 50cc?

If you're thinking of buying a Honda Metropolitan or Honda Jazz, but still have questions? Ask us here and we'll help you!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

2010 Retro Znen 50cc?

Postby 1WheelDrive on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:06 pm

There is so much useful info here and everyone helps so much. I have a friend that is looking at a used 2010 Retro Znen 50 ZA with 12000 miles on it. I have never heard of this scooter so I can not give her any advise. Was hoping some of you could could help me with any information on this deal. It is on sale on craigslist for $600.00.
1WheelDrive

Re: 2010 Retro Znen 50cc?

Postby GizmoGal on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:44 pm

It was real simple to Google that scooter model and find out it's made in China and sells in the USA for $1299 new. Anyone who asks $600 for a 50cc scooter with 12000 miles on it is hoping to find someone who will buy a bridge in Brooklyn, too. That scooter is way overpriced and may be of poor quality. A lot of miles doesn't prove durability or good maintenance. Unless your friend can thoroughly check the mechanical condition of the scooter, evaluate the condition of brakes, tires, battery, and fluids, or get a written warranty from the seller for several months of operative reliability, I'd advise against purchase. A very poor value for the price, IMO. Perhaps someone else knows these Znen bikes better than just Google research yielded to me.

Advising against purchasing a 5 year old Chinese scooter with that many miles. A lot of riding in 5 years, although you don't mention what area of the country, so it could be somewhere sunny and warm all year, encouraging more riding. Urbanscootin is a good place to ask pre-purchase questions, but a few minutes on Google search results will tell you plenty, too. Your friend should get some foundation for scooter pricing, brands, and models so she can know what to look for and what ads to skip past. :-/
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Re: 2010 Retro Znen 50cc?

Postby 1WheelDrive on Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:23 pm

Thanks GizmoGal. I researched the web before my post also and the results confirmed good old common sense and everything you've said here. Even though the web is a good source of info, I value the opinion of the good folks on this web site way more!! I appreciate you replying to my post so quick. You've been a big help. :)
1WheelDrive

Return to Pre-Purchase Scooter Questions