Met Front Basket

Let talk about accessories we want, have, or need here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Met Front Basket

Postby JerrySr on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:24 pm

I found one here that does not need screws, it just hangs, not sure if I did the url right but its scooterbasketcom

http://scooterbasket.com/
JerrySr

Re: Met Front Basket

Postby GizmoGal on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:28 am

I like the concept of a front basket but the standard Met Front Basket doesn't interfere with the package hook, which is quite useful. The Jedco front basket saves two screw holes but fully occupies the handy hook, makes the user stick a big patch of Velcro to their bike (try removing that some day) and will hold water (as shown) if left in the rain. Maybe drill two holes in the bottom for drainage? Might as well drill and screw in the original basket. This Jedco version looks just like you hung a bedpan off your classic Met. :(

Worth it to find the original accessory, but this will do for those who want the practicality without beauty or effort. And it's good to see that there are non Honda accessories still being offered for older Mets. And good to have forum members who are helping by posting the links to buy them. Good job. ;)

The OEM basket was the first accessory I added to my 2005 Met. That basket was really nice, pretty, and handy.
Attachments
IMG_0340.JPG
IMG_0340.JPG (62.49 KiB) Viewed 557 times
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Re: Met Front Basket

Postby jeorge7 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:16 am

I also have an OEM basket. That JEDCO looks like a good alternative.
jeorge7

Return to Accessory Discussion