Front luggage rack for Met

Let talk about accessories we want, have, or need here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Front luggage rack for Met

Postby 2Wheels4Ever on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:23 pm

Hello, All!

Has anyone seen a front luggage rack that fits above the front fender? Kinda like the ones you can get for a Vespa? I've looked around but haven't found anything. It would be kinda nice to have an out-of-the way spot to carry a small gas can for those longer adventures.

Thanks and happy scootin'!!!!
2Wheels4Ever

Re: Front luggage rack for Met

Postby GizmoGal on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:03 pm

Haven't seen a Met front rack or basket ever. Perhaps a gas can be carried on a rear rack, which can be fitted with a small milk crate for open cargo carrying. A top box is nicer for some gear, but I'd never put a gas can in anything without full ventilation and a way to keep it tightly secured.

If you have a Met with a classic front basket, you could probably fit a substantial type of liter bottle of in there to provide a few miles worth of gas. Overall, carrying gas in a container is just dangerous. If you like long adventures it's worth it to just fill more often, anywhere you can, even if just topping off. Off road on a Met has enough discomfort without adding volatile cargo!

Be careful what you wish for (not the rack, the gas can). If you find a front luggage rack, let us all know the source and price.
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Re: Front luggage rack for Met

Postby 2Wheels4Ever on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks for the response. I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything. I certainly understand what you are saying about the risks of carrying a gas container, however one of my dreams is a scooter adventure through Alaska. Stopping for fuel more often just isn't feasible. Obviously not a problem here in the lower 48! Keep your ear to the ground for me!
2Wheels4Ever

Return to Accessory Discussion