GPS

Let talk about accessories we want, have, or need here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

GPS

Postby docholiday on Fri May 07, 2010 11:44 am

I am 36 and had never touched a motorcycle or scooter in my life. I just got the Honda SH150i a month ago and lovin it! I leave near the Santa Cruz mountains in the SF Bay Area and it's perfect. Cruising the twisty roads with beautiful scenery is so much fun.
I am curious if anyone has looked into mounting a GPS on a scooter. It was recommended to me to buy a mount made by RAM and attach it to the side mirror post. That seems scetchy because the bar is only 3/8 " diameter but the options are limited. Comments?
docholiday

Re: GPS

Postby GizmoGal on Fri May 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Good luck with the new toy! You will be having a blast. :D You might want to take a look at the forum especially for owners of the same bike and join it, now that you own an SH150i. Check the Accessories section there to see if anyone might have an answer on handlebar mounts for the GPS. http://www.shcooter.com/forum/index.php
I know Garmin makes handlebar adaptor for their GPS to fit bicycles. Perhaps they have one ccompatible with your bike and your GPS unit (you didn't say what GPS you use, so I cound't make any suggestion other than Garmin.

Please don't double post the same Q in different threads. I'm sure you'll find help just asking something once.

Enjoy the bike--post some pix in the Pictures area on this forum.
Ride safe.
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Postby docholiday on Fri May 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Thanks for the link!
docholiday

Postby Smorris on Fri May 07, 2010 8:47 pm

Mine just clamps to the mirror stalk. I got this at http://www.GPScity.com. I also use my Garmin nuvi on the same mount.

You'll want this adapter, a ball mount like this, an arm of a length that fits your needs (I have a 1.75 and 3" and like the 3" better), a ball to mount to the back of the GPS cradle, and a cradle to fit your GPS
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage
2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 ___ 2006 Vespa LX150 ___ 2005 Honda Metropolitan ___ 1965 Vespa 180 Super Sport
Smorris
Staff

Return to Accessory Discussion