New Honda Windsheild

Let talk about accessories we want, have, or need here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

New Honda Windsheild

Postby gmoney on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:11 am

After reading all the posts about the Honda windshield I ordered on online through EBay. Ordered on Monday at 10:00am and received it on Friday via UPS at 6:00pm, fast service. After opening the box I was surprised by the small size of it, seeing pictures from other posters made it look bigger for some reason. Took all of 10 minutes to install it and put a little chrome bling around the edge. After now riding using it for over 100 miles I have to say it made a great improvement in speed and comfort. Hills I used to get down to 30 on I can now climb at a steady 35. Top speed is the same, 42 but it can get there much quicker and with less throttle. For the price, $115.95 including shipping I'm quite pleased with the results. It also looks attractive due to it's small size and fit but it adds a nice touch to my 2009 Metropolitan. I now have 650 miles on the clock and have had zero issues.

Gary
gmoney

Re: New Honda Windsheild

Postby Bustin on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:56 am

I've always felt that the Honda windshield was the best choice for this bike , having seen quite a few aftermarket ones fitted up . It's the perfect size , and doesn't spoil the look of the bike, the way some of the bigger aftermarket designs do.
"Cruising is what I dig the most." - Jeff Spicoli
Bustin

Re: New Honda Windsheild

Postby mcheath on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:36 pm

I also put a Honda windshield on my 09' Met and have seen similar performance gains. Maybe the best bang for the buck, though I've not done anything with variators. There is a bit more instability caused by crosswinds and tailwinds on my Met now, but the gains in speed and acceleration are worth it to me. It is pretty small eh? I put a huge windshield on for test purposes, it was from an old Shriner parade CB175, and it was large enough to fit a CB radio to originally. It covered all the front of me on the Metro, and was as tall as me, my eyeline was right through the top. It made so much improvement in acceleration and speed that it convinced me to buy the Honda windshield. It was also like a giant sail, catching every gust of wind and made the bike way too unstable for my liking, but it proved that the concept worked.
mcheath

Return to Accessory Discussion