Spring/ Summer glove ?

Discuss protective gear, jackets, shoes and all things you can wear here

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Spring/ Summer glove ?

Postby OldFart on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Newbie question on spring/summer gloves ? Need some suggestions and pros and cons on leather, mesh or what ever. Give some example of brand names or where to look, or "key" word. (cycle glove, motor scooter glove, motorcycle glove, whatever). OldFart
OldFart

Re: Spring/ Summer glove ?

Postby GizmoGal on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:53 pm

Uh, the keyword if you are searching on this forum is glove (or gloves). Logically, if you are doing a Google search you'd try motorcycle glove to make sure the search was best focussed. Did you actually need a hint on what word(s) to use?? :-/
First, remember gloves are not a General Chat topic, right? They are most likely found in Apparel Discussion in this board. So focus the search there. Here's a head start for posts on this forum, which I found by using the search term glove (complicated!!).
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6666&hilit=glove
When you get to my post on that thread you can see a photo of an excellent glove I use in warmer weather, reasons why I like it, and a link to one site you might find useful. thre are other suggestons in the same thread. And other topics similarly thorough. Now try on your own...
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Postby OldFart on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Thank you for your nice response....OF
OldFart

Postby Paddy_Crow on Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:16 pm

I've done quite a bit of shopping for motorcycle specific gloves and have been disappointed by what is available online. For a cold weather glove I like a long gauntlet that covers my jacket sleeve. For whatever reason, motorcycle glove designers seem to only like short gauntlets these days.

What I've discovered, however, is that snowmobile and ski racing gloves make pretty good substitutes. They generally have padded knuckles and leather palms. Unfortunately, the weather has been too cold for me to try out my recent purchases.

I have used a light glove that was designed for cross country skiing as a summer glove. It has no armor, but it does have a leather palm.
Paddy_Crow

Postby woodchuck42 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:59 pm

I enjoy my bek-tek gloves from leatherup.com they seem light weight and thin they look abit like polar fleace but they are wind and water proof. they aren't long gauntlets but if you get the right jacket (i prefer a armored cordura with a removable liner) you can wear them on the inside of the cuff and zip up the cuff and you should be without wind in your sleeves.
1985 candy red honda elite 150
woodchuck42

Postby aero80lover on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:00 pm

I like to wear those Mechanics Wear brand black gloves. I love them. I use them from everything from changing a spark plug to shoveling snow. I'm not advertising for Mechanics Wear brand. I just really like mine. You can get them at Walmart or at most auto supply stores (AutoZone, O'reilly, Checker, ect.). They are really breathable. And they can handle anything you through at them! :D
Last edited by aero80lover on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
1983 Honda Aero80
1985 Honda Aero50
1984 Honda Aero 80
www.aeroriders.proboards.com
aero80lover

Postby Paddy_Crow on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:12 am

I bought a pair of Joe Rocket Atomic gloves, I think they will be just the ticket for summertime.
Paddy_Crow

Postby ruck_ryder on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:02 am

Paddy_Crow wrote:I bought a pair of Joe Rocket Atomic gloves, I think they will be just the ticket for summertime.

Duh...I'm such a dork. Submitted the original comment without adding a comment. Anyway, wondering if these are thin enough to wear under a pair of winter gloves once the weather turns cooler. Thinking this might be less expensive than buying sets for different weather conditions.
2007 Ruckus

Ride like you stole it...
ruck_ryder

Postby Paddy_Crow on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:00 am

You're better off buying separate gloves for different riding conditions. About the only exception would be a pair of overmitts for rain. There are also handle bar mitts that can be used in conjunction with light gloves. But trying to fit a pair of gloves over a lighter pair is not going to work well, especially if the lighter pair has any armor or velcro closures.
Paddy_Crow

Return to Apparel Discussion