Wear something reflective NOW!

Discuss protective gear, jackets, shoes and all things you can wear here

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Re: Wear something reflective NOW!

Postby dcameras on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:26 pm

I have a Tourmaster Transition 2 in the Hi-Vis Yellow that I wear. B-) I have had a few people laugh a little or make some comment about it and when they do I ask them "Could you see me coming?" and when they say "well, yeah" I just tell them that's the whole point. :D I don't totally rely on the brightness of the jacket to keep me from being hit, I keep my eyes looking out for the idiots that aren't going to "see you" no matter what. I have avoided a number of wrecks #:-s in my truck by anticipating what the other driver is going to do and I take that same approach when on two wheels.
Darrell
2007 Purple Kanji
2004 Reflex Sport w/ ABS
dcameras

Re: Wear something reflective NOW!

Postby masukomi on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:25 pm

I posted a review a while ago about the Olympia High-viz vest. Which I highly recommend.

http://weblog.masukomi.org/2008/06/30/olympia-nova-high-viz-vest-review

The short version is that A) it is an excellent choice and B) you really want to consider getting a real motorcycle vest instead of one of those cheapey ones that construction workers use because those aren't designed to be subjected to 30mph winds all the time and tend to flap and be generally flimsy. Motorcycle ones on the other hand are designed to hold up under highway speeds.
Promote safe riding: get a Free "Gear Up!" sticker
masukomi

Previous

Return to Apparel Discussion