Hot Weather Gear

Discuss protective gear, jackets, shoes and all things you can wear here

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Hot Weather Gear

Postby KABarash on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:01 am

No RoboCop/PowerRangers' look wanted.... 8-|
I like the Carazzo Shop Jacket http://www.corazzo.net/?q=node/10 But think it'll be too warm for summer wear. Any suggestions?? :-?
''04 Honda Met. 'Archie'
'08 Buddy 150 St. Tropez 'Simon'
EPSP #136
KABarash

Re: Hot Weather Gear

Postby masukomi on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:09 am

I just reviewed the Fieldsheer Judy Cool on one of my blogs. They have a men's version of the same thing called the Johnny Cool which you can currently get for less than $100 (last years product i think).

It's amazingly breezy and offers good protection.
Promote safe riding: get a Free "Gear Up!" sticker
masukomi

Postby duderiffic on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:52 am

I use the Corazzo Speedway with Mesh - I like it. It isn't super cool because it just has a mesh stripe, but in Northern CA it doesn't hit 90-100 too frequently. Unlike the shop jacket it includes Velcro for the cuffs so the sleeves won't slide up if you're skidding on pavement.
duderiffic
Admin

Postby uncleralph on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:39 am

I have a Classy Rider jacket: http://www.classyrider.com/

I have a Solid Shell version and really like it. I am considering getting a Perforated version for warmer weather.
I had somewhat the same criteria as you - I didn't want to look like either a Power Ranger or a Hell's Angel. :)
uncleralph

Postby masukomi on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:51 am

RevIt and BMW also have a bunch of good high quality gear that's not flashy looking, but it's not cheap either.

I hadn't really realized it before but I guess the Judy / Johnny Cool is kind of power-rangery. Sorry about that...
Promote safe riding: get a Free "Gear Up!" sticker
masukomi

Postby Smorris on Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:36 pm

After reading all the rave reviews on the shop jacket, I was a little disappointed when I tried on on at POC. It didn't seem at all like the same sort of product as the 5.0, fit was awkward, and as Jeff noted, no cuff snuggers. Plus it is quilted, so I don't think of it as as a hot weather jacket. And even though the 5.0 fits great, both the Shop Jacket and the Speedway were either too big or too small.

With all the vents open, the 5.0 seems to be OK for most of my riding, and mine is black. I guess some of what I find makes it comfortable over the mesh jackets I've tried, is that it stays a little stiff, and away from my body, yet allows a little air through the fabric. Mesh jackets just seem clammy and clingy to me.
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage
2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 ___ 2006 Vespa LX150 ___ 2005 Honda Metropolitan ___ 1965 Vespa 180 Super Sport
Smorris
Staff

Postby misu on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:19 am

it's freezing right now, at least for l.a. (sub 40deg) but looking towards the summer, and being new to the AGAT, i decided to invest in a mesh jacket.

the joe rocket honda one's on sale at motorcyclegear.com ($85, free ship, no tax, +10% off coupon). seems similar to their phoenix jacket. will report back when i receive it.
misu

Postby misu on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:50 am

misu wrote:it's freezing right now, at least for l.a. (sub 40deg) but looking towards the summer, and being new to the AGAT, i decided to invest in a mesh jacket.

the joe rocket honda one's on sale at motorcyclegear.com ($85, free ship, no tax, +10% off coupon). seems similar to their phoenix jacket. will report back when i receive it.

the joe rocket mesh was certainly a good deal, decent fit and lots of adjustment features including zip in liner. but it's definitely more "motorcycle" than scooter with visible armor/padding and all the patches. much prefer my corazzo max in terms of style. major problem was the zipper broke! i returned it -- motorcyclegear.com were great. awesome service, free pre-paid shipping back.

now thinking of firstgear rush mesh jacket, rev'it air, or corazzo ventata... pay a little more but improved quality hopefully.

a snap came off my joe rocket leather too. not a huge deal since it came with extra snaps/buttons but you get what you pay for with joe rocket...
misu

Return to Apparel Discussion