My New Helmet Is Awesome

Discuss protective gear, jackets, shoes and all things you can wear here

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

My New Helmet Is Awesome

Postby toddcaffey on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:24 am

Took a huge chance, bought a helmet on Ebay from China. Worked out great. Got it in like 5 days! Fits perfectly and I am very happy with how it matches with my scoot. Check out my photos and the link to where I got it. A little spendy - $78, but worth it. I got a big ass head, ordered a Large and it fits great. Also like the face shield - never had one of these before. Good padding inside and even the strap clips on! Wooooooohoooooo! :D :D :D

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/HJC-motors__W0QQ_armrsZ1

2005 Salsa Honda Metropolitan
2007 Liquid Silver Yamaha Vino 125

The Dude Abides
toddcaffey

Re: My New Helmet Is Awesome

Postby JeremyZ on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:15 pm

'Glad to see it has a face shield Todd. (see my recent post in the General forum)

I recommend keeping the shield down, even at Metro speeds. Bumblebees and dragonflies hurt even at 37 mph.
Pullin' Gs Blog - Updated 10/21/09
-2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 (For Sale)
-2009 Kawasaki KLR650
JeremyZ

Re: My New Helmet Is Awesome

Postby Phred on Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:13 pm

That is a sharp looking helmet, for sure, and would also probably save your life in some circumstances. I believe my similarly styled 3/4 helmet did save me from at least a fractured skull or worse when I had my "accident" (if you can call getting whacked by a pickup truck driven by an irresponsible person an "accident".) My speed was 30 mph; his somewhat faster, as he overtook me and sideswiped me from behind. When my head hit the pavement, the helmet cracked big time at point of impact, just above my right temple. But my skull did not.

Only problem with the helmet was that the shield (same style as yours) came off and scraped across my face, taking lots of skin with it as it went. The snap that holds the shield to the visor actually rubbed right through and broke. Anyway, this photo of the result was taken the next morning. I've switched to a full face helmet.

Hopefully, your nice new helmet won't be put to that kind of a test!

Ride safe,
Phred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2005 Metropolitan II, salsa
2006 Metropolitan, denim
Phred

Return to Apparel Discussion