Glad I was wearing my shorts & flipflops

Discuss protective gear, jackets, shoes and all things you can wear here

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Glad I was wearing my shorts & flipflops

Postby scootinstonecold on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Damn! It was 101 today. I'm sure glad I went riding on my Met....with the wind blowing in my face....blowing up my shorts legs. Had my basball cap turned around and my flip flops on! Sure was refreshing.....'cept....'cept I got hit in the face by a big bug....damn...that hurt! 38 mph down the street in my little town in southern Illinois. Sure is fun when the scoot is runnin' right and the weather is right.....I had a lot of fun....wavin' and honkin' at folks!!!!!
scootinstonecold

Re: Glad I was wearing my shorts & flipflops

Postby iggysepia100 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:10 pm

ugh, it's you again.
I bet you are just itching to get replies from members telling you how important it is to wear the right protective gear so you can point out that they have too much time on their hands an why not worry about their own problems.
I'll take the bait and tell you to go take a hike, you piece of work. Who cares when and where you ride, get lost.
Honda Shadow 1100
Suzuki Sepia
Honda Hobbit
iggysepia100

Postby tortoise on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:13 pm

scootinstonecold wrote:Had my basball cap turned around

Terrific . . great to read about someone providing a glimmer of hope to those waiting for organ donations!
tortoise

Postby ronnath on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:22 am

tortoise wrote:Terrific . . great to read about someone providing a glimmer of hope to those waiting for organ donations!

to say nothing of improving the gene pool.
'07 Yamaha Majesty in the faster Team Yamaha Blue color
07 Sportcity 250 - Now living elsewhere
06 Metropolitan- Now living elsewhere
05 Metropolitan- Now living elsewhere
05 Reflex - In Honda Heaven

EPSP #25
ronnath

Postby Bustin on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:09 am

There's a fresh crop every spring.......and bargains on rashed up bikes every autumn.
"Cruising is what I dig the most." - Jeff Spicoli
Bustin

Postby scootinstonecold on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:31 am

Why you all so mean to me? I love you, man! Don't you feel the love? The connection? Just 'cause I'm a little differant than you, why you gotta be so....so....so predictable?
Ok....Ok....I know when I'm not wanted.......but I ain't goin' no where unless Jeff thinks I'm raisin' too much hell with ya'll and decides to "S..t Can" me so you all can get your blood pressure back under control. Seriously tho...I know I'm in the wrong place here...that I shouldn't be here at all 'cause I'm so much differant than the rest of you, that we have nothing in common. Actually, I'm here everyday....I just don't say anything....sometimes it takes a lot of restraint, but I manage. You all have a good day and try not to get your "panties in a wad". See Ya!....LeRoy
scootinstonecold

Postby Bustin on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:38 am

Oh, I remember this guy. He's the one who thinks seat belts cause more injuries than they prevent , and are just part of a secret gubment plot to control all of us silly lemmings.

:))
"Cruising is what I dig the most." - Jeff Spicoli
Bustin

Postby duderiffic on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:17 am

Why be combative for the sake of being combative?

I guess I don't understand what the point of trying to agitate everyone- if you don't like the community why not shit-can yourself?
duderiffic
Admin

Postby scootinstonecold on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 pm

Bustin wrote:Oh, I remember this guy. He's the one who thinks seat belts cause more injuries than they prevent , and are just part of a secret gubment plot to control all of us silly lemmings.

:))

Bustin....you can believe anything you want to believe...That's why we have chocolate vs vinilla, black & white, Democrate/republican in this great country of ours. That's the one thing about this site that facinates me more than anything, and that is, how everyone of you can sit day after day and preach to each other about the inconsequential things such as "road gear" on a little scooter that goes 35 mph. In the first place, you're "preaching to the choir" so to speak, 'cause everyone of you think the same way. What's the point? When I quoted my expierience as a police officer for 14 years and also told you that 7 of that 14 was spent in the traffic division where my primary job was the reporting of all serious personal injury and fatality accidents and that I was on 24 hour call all the time and that I have attended Northwestern University in the specific area of accident reconstruction, it wasn't to try and impress you all....it was to try and lend some credability to my position in this discussion....but alas, it was for nothing...no one believed me! The only one on the site who actually has some experience at this sort of thing and you basically brushed me off as some "wack job" who doesn't know anything! And everyone of you wonder why I have an attitude! The only one that I have is the one that you've given me. You all have a condesending attitude toward anyone or anything that doesn't go along or agree with your program. I was quoting real-life experiences in my job as a traffic accident investigator, someone who has testified in court on numerous occasions as an "expert witness" and I was ridiculed and belittled on this site by people who I knew didn't know shit from shinola about what they were talking about.
Like I said folks, you can believe anything you want, I really don't care, as long as you don't try and portray me as a "kook" just because I happen to disagree with you. And Jeff....you explained to me once that this site was not a democracy. That if you took a mind to, you could end my days here just because you want to. You know what....if your sense of right and wrong, decency and being able to listen to your fellow man, even tho you disagree with him vehemently isn't any stronger than that, then YOU'LL have to "shit can" me. I won't go willingly like Vulcan did. I don't believe in that. If I go, I will go because you want me to, still keepng true to my beliefs and ideals without question in my mind as to whether I am right or wrong. The differance between someone like me and some of you folks is, at least I listen to ya, even tho in my mind I'm saying, "You gotta be shittin me". "They can't actually belierve that, can they?" At least I listen!.....Think about it.......Oh and ps; I don't come around that often anyway, do I? At least I give all of you a chance to have a lively discussion about me...or anything for that matter. Somewthing that's sorely lacking on this site most of the time.....Have a nice day....LeRoy
scootinstonecold

Postby Paddy_Crow on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:08 pm

If you could support your controversial position with facts, you might have some credibility. When you don't, you shouldn't expect to sway anyone.

People lie on the internet all the time. You could be who you claim, or not.
Paddy_Crow

Postby laspalmas7 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Literacy goes a long way when you attempt to garner credibility.

Just saying.
2009 Zuma 125
laspalmas7

Postby carolinatrophy on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:40 pm

Pot? I'd like you to meet kettle. You have a lot in common...

LeRoy, if it helps, I'm on your side of the "gear" argument. I think the problem is that you poke people in the eye just for the sake of poking them in the eye, and so you're an idiot if you think people aren't going to come back at you for it. That's just a douchebag move, man. You don't like someone preaching to you about gear? Then shut up, and don't preach to them AGAINST gear.

TO EVERYONE ELSE: LeRoy's methods may be rather distasteful, but take it from someone who doesn't have a dog in this fight - reading the judgmental, sanctimonious posts about "gear" on these boards can get pretty wearying. So before you blast LeRoy for being an ass about not wearing gear, first check to make sure you're not one of the people being an ass about WEARING gear.

I was riding today and saw a team of road bicyclists tearing up the tarmac at what had to be 30-35mph. Going downhill, they can probably hit 55-60mph, which is a speed my Met could never dream of. The pros - the Tour de France guys - go even faster. And yet a perusal of the bicycle forums sees a surprising dearth of preachy safety nazis lecturing them to wear full face helmets, steel-toed boots and armored jackets when they ride. No one is calling them "organ donors" in a way that implies they secretly wish someone would crash heavily, just so they can learn a lesson.

Can't we all just admit that there are two opinions in this argument, and leave it the hell alone?
-Paul
2003 Denim Metropolitan ("Potsie")

"Can't this Met go any faster? I can still see where I am."
carolinatrophy

Postby scootinstonecold on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:15 pm

Ok, carolinatrophy, I understand what you're saying. I have always been an outspoken person when I believe heavily in something and when these guys get on here and impune my integrity, I get pissed like anyone would....Just as an example...What did that Laspalmas7 mean when he said "literacy goes along way toward credibilty". Would you take that to mean that he was saying that I was illiterate? He wants to question my literacy and he comes from Boston? And the point I try to make all the time is that the powers that be, on this site, let him and folks like him get away with that kinda' stuff, but they sure as hell jump to critisize me whenever I say something in the least bit derogatory towards someone else....Oh well, I guess Jeff explained it better than any of us can. He asked me, " whatever gave you the idea that this site was a democracy?" I guess he means that the only rights I have are the ones that he chooses to give to me, huh? But I truly understand where you're coming from, carolinatrophy, and I promise to try harder even when they gang up on me....like I said previously, I don't get on much during the summer months anyway, 'cause of the racing season takes most of my time and the other sites I participate in allow a little more room to have legitimate discussions about varying opininions without trying to stiffle free speach as much as this one does. The one site I'm on, get this now.....allowed 89 pages on one thread devoted entirely to religion....can you believe that? Could you see that happening here? And during the election....wow....we had a regular donny-brook goin' on for about a month....and you know what the irony is? Everyone respected everyone else and I saw no signs of name calling or disrespectfull behavior at all. Disagreement...yes...but that's what a forum is supposed to be all about. I think the DUDE doesn't give enough credit to all of us because they are constantly telling people what they can talk about and what they can say....Seems as tho something like that is goin on in the news right now, if I remember right.
Alright...as I usaually do...I'm outta' here...Ifin' you all don't hear from me again, you'll know what happened but for right now, I think I stirred up enough shit for one thread....I'm gonna let you all be for another couple of weeks....Have a wonderful rest of your Saturday and by the way, Carolinatrophy, you caught me by surprise ,man, I didn't think there was anyone anywhere near this site that even came close to agreeing with me. I appreciate your standing up....See Ya! LeRoy
Last edited by scootinstonecold on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scootinstonecold

Postby carolinatrophy on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Well, it's fresh in my mind, today, LeRoy. Want to know why?

Elsewhere on this forum is a string titled "Glad I was wearing my full-face helmet today." And it starts with something to the effect of: "Last night I was on my FJR, doing 90 mph on a back road..."

And the string somehow turns into a freaking love fest about full-face helmets and how safe they are. Not ONE person says: "Hey, dude, if you really want to ride safely, maybe you shouldn't be hauling a large-displacement motorcycle along back roads at 90 mph at NIGHT."

No, everyone just pats themselves on the back because they wear a full-face helmet.

My point is that people pick and choose what they want to get all safety-conscious about, and what they don't. No one tells the guy to slow down because it's none of their damn business. Just as it's none of their damn business what shoes someone else wears.

And that string clearly shows the kind of "safety cherry picking" that irritates the piss out of me. If everyone is so all fired up about everyone else's safety, then BE CONSISTENT.
-Paul
2003 Denim Metropolitan ("Potsie")

"Can't this Met go any faster? I can still see where I am."
carolinatrophy

Postby shifless on Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:31 pm

Skin grafts HURT and take a LONG time to heal. Road rash at 35 can go to the bone - the knucklehead may actually get to understand this before long.........
There is no joy like the joy of ridin` a scoot!
07 Burgman Exec
09 Monza Met
shifless

Next

Return to Apparel Discussion