Corazzo just moved to #2-Jacket reviews for first post

Discuss protective gear, jackets, shoes and all things you can wear here

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Corazzo just moved to #2-Jacket reviews for first post

Postby bluezurich on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:32 am

My SO and I just picked up new Alpinestars jackets for our Scoots. I have had a Corazzo Ventata since they first came out and thought it to be a great design. After considering their Bomber and shop jackets we found an incredible deal online where we could get her the Alpinestars Downtown armored coat for $35, usually $169 so we went for it thinking we could always ebay it if it was wrong or lame. Blown away! Great Italian design, sewing quailty, armor placement was tight and spot on....... I find with Corazzo that the armor pockets are loose and sloppy. I then recieved the Alipnestars Bovver Aggro bomber style and it exceeds the Corazzo in all areas except one. The zippers are higher quality, the seams are smoother and stronger, the arms are longer which is critical while riding. Gorgeous iridescent sheen on the ladies jacket and loads of adjustability with neck, cuffs and ability to tie jacket down to pant lopos to avoid billowing.
Alipinestars also gives you a few spare parts such as grommets, tabs etc just like finer apparel mfg's do with buttons for shirts, you know the type.

Both our new coats came with zip out quilted liners to expand the riding seasons. I'll wear the Bovver in most conditions except the hottest days since it doesn't have the venting the Ventata has.

Very happy. If you want to know the online shop pm me since I do not wish to come off as a spammer on post #1.

Thanks for reading,

BZ
1979 Lambretta Serveta Jet 200
2010 Stella 4T (in route)
bluezurich

Re: Corazzo just moved to #2-Jacket reviews for first post

Postby brhythm on Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Oh, do tell the store! I'm looking for a good jacket. I'm wary of buying online, since sizes run all over the map. My "local" shop (30 minutes away) doesn't have anything that fits.
brhythm

Postby Phred on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:38 pm

brhythm wrote:Oh, do tell the store! I'm looking for a good jacket. I'm wary of buying online, since sizes run all over the map. My "local" shop (30 minutes away) doesn't have anything that fits.

Hey Billy, did you ever visit Tri Sports Inc. in Topsham? We bought jackets there which we really like (not for nothing, though--quite a bit more than this guy is talking). They had a good selection of brands, colors, styles and sizes, and were very helpful and friendly. Plus, they had plenty of Hondas, Suzukis and Polaris stuff to look at. Great place to get parts and service (and advice) for your Honda.

--Phred
2005 Metropolitan II, salsa
2006 Metropolitan, denim
Phred

Postby bluezurich on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:21 pm

brhythm wrote:Oh, do tell the store! I'm looking for a good jacket. I'm wary of buying online, since sizes run all over the map. My "local" shop (30 minutes away) doesn't have anything that fits.

extremesupply.com
1979 Lambretta Serveta Jet 200
2010 Stella 4T (in route)
bluezurich

Return to Apparel Discussion