Nolan N43

Discuss protective gear, jackets, shoes and all things you can wear here

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Nolan N43

Postby fdiskmbr on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:59 am

So I've been wanting a Nolan N43 ever since I saw the video on youtube. The youtube video I saw was made by webbikeworld.com showing the Nolan N43 "Air". That video was the european version, the US version is called the Nolan N43 Trilogy. thehelmetharbor.com also has 2 very nice videos of the N43 Trilogy. The difference is that the Trilogy doesn't have the awesome top vent the Air has. Even without the top vent I still wanted the Nolan N43 because it offers outstanding visibility and it's light weight.

I was finally able to get my hands on the Nolan N43 Trilogy at a BMW motorcycle dealership. My head size is 58 cm and found that medium was the right size for me. I was really able to appreciate its light weight, especially after picking up other helmets right after holding the Nolan N43.

The next version of the Nolan N43 I'll bring up is called the Nolan N43 Motorrad. Basically the Motorrad is the Trilogy with some simple graphics on the sides.

Finally the Nolan N43 N-COM or just plain "N43". This is the helmet I got. Being that I knew my size, I checked ebay and couldn't pass up an awesome deal. There are a couple of differences between the Trilogy and the N43 N-COM, the obvious difference is that there is no chin guard with the N43 N-COM.

I thought I could exchange the chin guard plugs for a chin guard and I would have a Nolan N43 Trilogy. This might not happen. The N43 N-COM doesn't have the latches that the trilogy has. The latches allow for the removal of the chin guard. Instead I have the chin guard plugs that I think cannot be removed unless I undo a screw. Would be nice to have the chin guard, even if it wasn't removable. I sent an email and will try to update if I'm able to find any kind of info. I have to say breathing with the shield down and no chin bar is really nice. When I tried on the trilogy, shield down/chin guard on, I remember the air circulation being better on other helmets (HJC, Shoei).

Other differences, the blue tinted screen on the N-COM. The screen doesn't have studs for a Pinlock antifog insert but according to the website it does accept them. The blue tint is nice and didn't plan on using any insert so I'm okay with that. What else can I say. I like the Microlock (chin strap). The inner liner is nice. Venting...I don't have my scooter yet, probably next month. I'll get back to you when I have real riding experience. As of right now I going to recommend the Nolan N43 Trilogy and the Nolan N43 N-COM. Hope this helps
fdiskmbr

Re: Nolan N43

Postby misu on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:10 am

how have you liked the n43?
i got a nolan n90 when i got my honda elite. great helmet, like modulars to talk to buddies at stop lights.

but i've been thinking of getting a n43 for the summer. how is the n43 in temps >80? may end up ordering from europe to get the n43 airs but at that price, i'd have to sell my n90.
misu

Re: Nolan N43

Postby fdiskmbr on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:34 am

My favorite part about the N43 is the great viewing port. Looking left and right I can bearly see the sides of the helmet. I only notice the vents when my hair is wet after taking a shower, then I can really tell where the air circulates. Last summer I was comfortable going a couple hours in the hot sun with this helmet and a mesh jacket, when I got home I found out I was them temp was 105.
fdiskmbr

Return to Apparel Discussion