nolan n90

Discuss protective gear, jackets, shoes and all things you can wear here

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

nolan n90

Postby misu on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:27 pm

got a 2010 honda elite and wanted a good helmet to protect me. liked the flip-up modular style for easier talking to buddies and for slipping on glasses.

debated lower cost models (ebay, hjc) for around $100, but since it's my head, i opted to spend a bit more and for additional features...like inner dark visor, pinlock antifog, etc. and a stronger reputation/warranty.

nice reviews online for the nolan n90 (including 2010 modular helmet of the year) so that's what i got.

medium fit my 57cm round head snugly. like the ease/speed of the click strap, although i have to admit, it's not as comfortable as a conventional strap w/d rings. love the inner flip down dark shade. never wish for sunglasses anymore riding into the sunset.

although it took some getting used to, rather than just grab and pull up like others, love the security of the 2 step needed to open the chin bar(less likely to flip open in a crash) -- still very easy to open. the chin wind garter helps keep me warm... wish the helmet was a tad taller to get the lower chin more (i guess i have a tallish head). of course, any taller and it wouldn't fit in my underseat storage. noisy compared to non-flip ups. at scoot speed (primarily 25-40mph), though, wind noise isn't horrendous.

the pinlock antifog is awesome. my old helmet shield fogged instantly in the mornings which meant riding with the shield cracked open -- which was cold and dried my eyes. with the pin shield, the nolan is clear...my glasses fog up but not the shield, and of course, perfect when i'm in contacts.

5 year warranty seems pretty solid (hjc only 1 year). made in italy (cool, although nothing against made in china/taiwan).

only wishes: lighter weight, less noisy, more comfortable padding on ratchet strap, and their ncom helmet bluetooth system were cheaper

so overall highly recommend. got mine at revzilla for $230 shipped, plus the give you $10 back towards another purchase which i just used for gloves. great company, fast shipping.
misu

Re: nolan n90

Postby misu on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:49 pm

update on the n90:

notices several scratches on the front of the inner tinted visor the other day after 2 months of ownership. not expected since i keep the helmet clean...

emailed revzilla, they gave me nolan's 800#. loved that a person answered, no menus/voicemails. told him the problem and he immediately recognized it and said it was a known issue and they reshaped the visor to avoid rubbing the gasket apparently. new one's being shipped to me. just wanted to give folks a heads up...
misu

Return to Apparel Discussion