honda / joe rocket leather jacket

Discuss protective gear, jackets, shoes and all things you can wear here

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

honda / joe rocket leather jacket

Postby misu on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:24 pm

just got the joe rocket honda shadow hawk leather jacket today from motorcyclegear.com (formerly newenough.com). if you're a big guy, and the remaining sizes they have i stock fit you, definitely consider it...regularly $400 and some sizes are $120. i'm a fairly in shape 6', 175 and the 40 fits me snug. great return policy too (they pay for return shipping!)

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/cl ... acket.html

this is my 1st leather jacket of any kind and 1st motor/scooter specific jacket for sure. all the features are described pretty well on the website, but i was just amazed and impressed with the quality. cost is kept down because it's made in china, but i don't see any loose threads and the leather feels great. i'm sure it'll feel "custom" as i break it in too. i was debating getting a regular leather jacket (ie. department store) but i'm not really a leather jacket wearing guy so figure may as well get a bike specific one.. i appreciate the reflective back logo.

anyways, maybe overkill for a scooter, but a crash is a crash... and this jacket should protect me well should i go down (thick leather, shoulder/elbow/back armor). and while i'm not crashing, it's got some great features that will work for a variety of temps (removable liner, zip out panel for mesh in the arm pits, arm clips to snug things up to be even more aero ;0).
misu

Return to Apparel Discussion