Nah, I don't need a full face helmet.

Discuss protective gear, jackets, shoes and all things you can wear here

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Re: Nah, I don't need a full face helmet.

Postby sgtdraino on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:14 pm

GizmoGal wrote:My Vox going strong in its third year. I ride nearly every day even in colder weather. I get enough ventilation and it's not very heavy. Highly recommended for comfort and features and it has enough color choices to make you happpy. It 's a solid color so reflective stickers can add safety and decoration if desired. Replacement face shield was cheap--<$20 and shipped fast. (I finally scratched mine enough to replace it.) When th helmet comes new in the box (with a cloth carry bag) it has clear plastic film on the face shield; It isn't that obvious so I urge you to peel it off before you think your plastic is distorted!

Hey gang, figured I'd drop a note to say that my wife and I got each other Vox helmets for our anniversery. Really liking them so far! Really love that integrated sun shield. A few notes:

My sun shield seems to hang very very very slightly lower on one side, and also hangs slightly lower when retracted. Still fully functional, but is slightly offending to my eye. Is this correctible? Anybody else have this problem?

It seems like these helmets run a little small. My wife usually wears a Large, and that is what I got her, but she found it somewhat tight. She still thinks it's useable, but I suspect a size up would have worked better for her. She got me a Medium, when I usually wear a small, and I even found the medium somewhat tight, especially those pads on the sides.

Speaking of the pads on the sides, they kinda squish my ears a little. And if I try to wear an earbud in my ear, the helmet will crush my ear against the earbud to the point of hurting.

I notice that my chin naturally seems positioned closer to the front of the inside of the helmet, than with other helmets I have used over the years. Not a complaint, just interesting.
sgtdraino

Postby pattyputtputt on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:47 am

As a newbie rider, I bought an FF helmet right at the get-go. I felt like I had an over-stuffed basketball on my head. But after a year, I never leave home without it. For all of you who think it feels weird, give it time, you'll like it. (Providing the fit is good.) Some mail-order sites will gladly exchange a non-fitting helmet and not charge shipping when sending a replacement.
1st car: 1960 Rambler Metropolitan red/white
1st scooter: 2005 Metropolitan blue/hibiscus
pattyputtputt

Postby Deepanshu on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:15 pm

With a full face helmet, you might as well be in a car, IMHO. I don't like the way they feel. I don't want to leave my head completely open in a crash, but I don't want to be as restricted as a full-face is.
Deepanshu

Postby ronnath on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:44 am

the most common arguement i've heard is a helmet "restricts my vision."

maybe so for some, but these guys don't seem to have that problem.

'07 Yamaha Majesty in the faster Team Yamaha Blue color
07 Sportcity 250 - Now living elsewhere
06 Metropolitan- Now living elsewhere
05 Metropolitan- Now living elsewhere
05 Reflex - In Honda Heaven

EPSP #25
ronnath

Postby eggman on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:17 am

Howdy,

FF for me; end of discussion. My Sh150i is a ball!
eggman

Postby Bustin on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:39 am

26 degrees here this morning. I think I'll wear my full-face on the ride to work....don't feel like defrosting my nose and cheeks when I get to the shop ! :))
"Cruising is what I dig the most." - Jeff Spicoli
Bustin

Previous

Return to Apparel Discussion