Corazzo Jackets

Discuss protective gear, jackets, shoes and all things you can wear here

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Re: Corazzo Jackets

Postby NateMC on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:38 pm

I've had my 5.0 for about 4 days now.

The first thing is, they run very small. I'm 6'2" about 260-270lbs, American Apparel XXXL shirts are baggy on me, the XXL is a nice fit, and those run small as well. However the Corazzo XXXL Men's 5.0 barely squeaks by, but the good thing is that it fits in all the right places.

The arms aren't too long, just slightly baggy and the rest is snug and I feel comfortable in the jacket. It definatley breathes more than leathers, but on a windy day if you just wear a t-shirt under it, you will get a bit cold, however I'm not seeing this as a problem outside of winter and I can still wear a hoodie under the jacket.

The cordura material is very much like what you find in Timbuk2, Crumpler, and Chrome messenger bags. In fact my Chrome Kremlin is the same grey, only less shiny as I've had it for years.

The reflective stripes are not only functional and easy to see, but it's damn stylish too.

It comes with Knox Armor which on me fits in all the right places and doesn't move about much, I actually find the back protector rather nice as it helps me remember to sit up straight!

There is ample pocket space, inside there is a good wallet pocket on the left and an outside chest area pocket on the outside as well as two pockets in the normal place you would find them on any jacket.

It is definitely quality material and I hope it stands the test of time.

Just so you know they do have XXXL in some styles even though it's not listed as for sale on their website. I bought mine through Vespa of Seattle who had it drop shipped to me from their HQ in Portland.

So over all, I would recommend it.
EPSP #72
NateMC

Postby choochoo on Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:34 pm

Nate,

thanks for the review. The construction of the Corazzo jackets are A1. but, I ended up getting a Teknic Supervent jacket. It has the knox armor, shoulder, elbow, and back. It's a mesh, but it has cordura on the shoulders, elbows and back, plus a windproof liner. Being that it's in the 70's and 80's now, the Corazzo jackets would be too warm :(
1993 Red Honda Elite 80
choochoo

Postby Ty on Fri May 02, 2008 6:42 pm

I bought a Corazzo 5.0 jacket last month at Seattle Vespa. It's interesting to compare it with my other jacket - a $110 Tourmaster Jett Series 2 jacket I bought on sale through motorcyclesuperstore.com. The Tourmaster jacket fit perfectly based on the measuring instructions - it is probably the best fitting thing I own. The shell fabric is only 600 denier and it looks too motorcycle-ly for my taste, but it fits perfectly, the arms are pre-curved to fit the riding position, it includes a insulated removable liner, and easy to open vents and pockets. It has shoulder, elbow, and back armor. For the price it is amazing. The only fault is that the collar is not really tall enough for my taste.

The Corazzo 5.0 (red! white stripes, silver reflective tape) has an absolutely awesome look and the materials are all top knotch. It looks good on a scooter. But, it has no insulated liner, the pockets are so far back they are difficult to reach, and the actual fit of the jacket is quite poor compared to my cheap Tourmaster jacket. The lack of curved sleeves is particularly noticeable compared to my other jacket - the lack of curve makes the elbow armor press harder on the elbows. The tall collar is great though.

I enjoy it a lot, although it has its shortcomings. Hopefully Corazzo will continue to work on things, because they have great designs visually - they just need to up the ante on the design of the fit.
Ty

Postby Smorris on Fri May 02, 2008 8:15 pm

I've had the 5.0 for 2-1/2 years now. I love the fit and quality of it. If your new jacket is a little stiff, give it a couple of cold water washings (don't dry with heat! The liner shrinks at a different rate than the jacket.) It will soften right up. Open the chest pocket for a good breeze. I keep my sunglasses in there, and have forgotten to close it on several occasions. I'd get to work in the 30s and couldn't figure out why I was so cold!

Mine is black with red stripe. I've worn it into the 90s many times. Yes, it gets hot, but not unbarable. Partially unzipping, and opening every pocket, vent, and pit zipper helps a lot. I tried Deb's mesh jacket on a 95 degree day and found it to clammy and clingy. The Corazzo actually felt cooler.

I fortunately got mine with the 20% discount on accessories when I bought my scooter. That made it $160. I should have bought a couple!
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage
2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 ___ 2006 Vespa LX150 ___ 2005 Honda Metropolitan ___ 1965 Vespa 180 Super Sport
Smorris
Staff

Postby GreatScott on Mon May 05, 2008 3:19 pm

Long-time-listener, first-time-caller here. I received a Corazzo jacket in red this past Christmas and I really like it.
It hasn't been too warm here in SoCal since i got it, but so far it's great. It very comfortable to wear on and off my scooter. I guess it helps that I didn't have to pay for it. Thanks Mom!

-GS
2003 Yamaha Vino Classic
GreatScott

Postby default1 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:57 pm

I really like the designs of the Corazzo jackets and, in particular, the "Shop Jacket." It seems that everyone else either has an interest or already bought the Bomber or 5.0 though, which makes me wonder if the Shop Jacket is any good. What are people's opinion about the Shop Jacket? Do you think it can still provide me sufficient protection in the event of a crash?

Thanks!
default1

Postby Saiboogu on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:07 pm

I think the 5.0 and Bomber are the most popular Corazzo jackets, which is why you hear more about them. I was torn between those two, and bought the Bomber.. Strictly for style though (compared to any other armored motorcycle jacket). The quality is top-notch on mine, and I've heard that in most any comment about Corazzo, so if the shop jacket is more your style, I bet it will be just fine.
EPSP # 100
Saiboogu

Postby undertheradar on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:08 am

My wife got a 5.0 a while back and it's freaking awesome. Too bad it's too small for me and she never wears it.
undertheradar

Postby Marcster on Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:52 pm

undertheradar wrote:My wife got a 5.0 a while back and it's freaking awesome. Too bad it's too small for me and she never wears it.

They have strong resale value, most of these forums have a buy/sell section. The 5.0 jackets seem to move especially quick on ModernVespa.com.
--Drowning in the scooterness... Image
Right now I feel: Image
Marcster

Postby duderiffic on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:36 am

The Shop Jacket doesn't have any way to tighten the cuffs so they could ride up and mess up your forearms in the event of a crash. Other than that I really like the way that jacket looks...
duderiffic
Admin

Postby Smorris on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:28 pm

I finally tried on a shop jacket last week. I've been wearing a Large 5.0 for a few years, and have heard all the rave about the shop jacket. I was a little disappointed. The large was too tight on my belly, and the XL had room for a spare child in with me! The arms were about 4" too long. Not enough venting options, either. I like that I can open all the vents and pockets on the 5.0 and get good air flow, or snug it all up and wear it with just a common hoodie underneath into the 20 degree range.
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage
2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 ___ 2006 Vespa LX150 ___ 2005 Honda Metropolitan ___ 1965 Vespa 180 Super Sport
Smorris
Staff

Postby duderiffic on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:42 am

Bah- I tried to buy a gray Speedway jacket from P-Town Scooters today- I missed them by 5 minutes and they wouldn't stay open when I called and asked. :P

Still like Speedway best. :D
duderiffic
Admin

Postby Smorris on Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:28 am

duderiffic wrote:
Still like Speedway best.

For me, it fit similar to the shop jacket. But I'm a short dumpy shaped guy. Your fit may vary.
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage
Smorris
Staff

Postby misu on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:06 am

just ordered a corazzo max (the discontinued model), can't wait for it to arrive.
a warm jacket for my 7am commutes will be nice. like what i've read so far about the company and the jackets.
misu

corazzo max

Postby misu on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:53 am

the max is fine jacket. just got it a couple days ago. corazzo is closing them out at $150. i got mine new with tags for less on ebay but even at $150 it's well worth it. i haven't tried the other corazzo jackets, so can't comment on those.

i'm 6', 175lbs, chest 40 and the medium fits well. plenty of arm length (i wear 16/34 shirts). the arms and torso overall fit is on the more loose side i would say -- so if i started lifting weight or gain weight, there's room. or another way to think about it is there's room to layer. this is compared to a joe rocket leather i have in medium which has straps to cinch and tighten up the sleeves. it's somewhat trimmer at the waist, but still plenty of room for my 32" waist. the wrist enclosure is quite large/loose and the velcro seems a bit cheap compared to a nice zip up sleeve like on my leather jacket. i would have preferred a more snug fit (or at least adjustable) fit to the sleeves/wrist area and a less boxy/baggy fit to the torso, but the loose fit makes it look more like an all around jacket vs a race jacket, which is appropriate for its intent.

it is surprisingly warm for its light weight. the max is almost as warm as my joe rocket leather w/zip in quilt liner. the outer part of the max is very wind resistant and the inner fleece lining is soft and warm. for mid-high 40s i've been wearing a thin wool hoodie underneath the joe rocket leather and did the same with the max and felt nearly as cozy. look forward to warmer weather to see it's range...i imagine it will be warm above 75 or 80 degrees, even with its pit zips open.

the knoxx armor is quite light and unobtrusive - don't notice it at all on the bike. first time putting on the jacket it seemed the armor was a bit loose, but once on the scooter, it settles appropriately. a few extra stitches to hold the armor in place wouldn't be a bad idea though.

the style is great, very subtle and low key. mine's black. no loud badges/patches like on the joe rocket, just the 1 small green and red shield logo on the left breast (apparently corazzo is a reference to an italian word for "armor" -- cool name). i feel very comfortable walking into the office with it on. doesn't shout "i came to work on a motorcycle/scooter".

the reflective piping is a nice and required safety feature on any riding jacket -- makes it superior to just wearing my goretex windstopper jacket (which of course also doesn't have armor).

overall, outstanding 3 season jacket. a great alternative to leather and will be my day to day go to jacket for 40-70deg weather.
misu

Previous

Return to Apparel Discussion