2014 Metropolitan NCH50

Having problems with your scooter? Want to talk to people about modifying your scoot? This is the place!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

2014 Metropolitan NCH50

Postby P.Scooter on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:46 am

Hello, All,

I just purchased my very first scooter, an unused 2014 Honda Metropolitan NCH50. I bought the scooter at a liquidation auction from a Honda dealer that filed for bankruptcy ($900 - seemed like a great deal). My problem is that I have no idea where to start - I'm by no means a mechanic and I have never owned a scooter or motorcycle before. I screwed on the rear view mirrors and my next inclination is that I need to put gas in it, that part I can handle. Is there anything that I need to do to prep the scooter before putting in the gas and praying that it starts? I.e., do I need to hook up the battery or even give the battery a pre first ride charge? Do I need to add new oil? I'm assuming this scooter had just been sitting in the show room since 2014. There was a box located under the seat that contained what looked to be some sort of battery fluid (no clue what to do with this).

My guess is that when you buy a scooter from a Honda dealer all of this is taken care of and the scooter is just ready to be ridden. Unfortunately, I think that I have to do a lot of the prep work myself. No complaints here just looking for a little guidance on how to get started!

Thanks in advance! B-)
Attachments
IMG_7249 (2).JPG
IMG_7249 (2).JPG (55.93 KiB) Viewed 378 times
P.Scooter

Re: 2014 Metropolitan NCH50

Postby motorbaby on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:58 pm

SCORE! That's awesome. I'm assuming youve figured it out already, but if it has zero miles, there's a chance oil is needed. Yes, you need a battery. For such a small engine, just the motor is enough strain riding you. You want juice to make sure the headlight stays on, which is important for safety. Besides, the ignition is electronic.
motorbaby

Return to Maintenance, Modifications and Service Questions