HELP installation of rear carrier

Having problems with your scooter? Want to talk to people about modifying your scoot? This is the place!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

HELP installation of rear carrier

Postby basilwatts on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:27 pm

I have just bought a rear carrier for my 2016 Met. What do I need to take off and what tools do I need to do it? Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
basilwatts

Re: HELP installation of rear carrier

Postby GizmoGal on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Usually the instructions come with the part. Wherever you bought the carrier should be able to supply help in that regard. However, my Google search went this way: “installation rear carrier Honda Metropolitan” and I got a useful page right away.

If the carrier looks like the one in this installation diagram, you can proceed after looking here.
http://powersports.honda.com/documentum ... JB-A00.pdf
Printing the page will probably be helpful.

There are also instructions right on this forum, if you had taken a moment to use the Search feature
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8019
This thread was done in 2007, so it might need a little extrapolation if things don’t quite match up to the assembly of your 2016 model.

If nothing I’ve offered here is quite what you’re looking for, you might have to go back to the supplier and ask for instructions to be sent. I think once you have the correct instructions, the tools will be obvious. There aren’t very many fasteners so tools aren’t particularly different than stuff most folks have in the garage or drawer at home.

I’m sure your scooter will give great service having a carrier to help,with small cargo or something you rig up for yourself. A bungee or two keeps cargo tied down to the carrier if it’s not too bulky. I had a small plastic milk box fastened to my rear carrier to hold bigger stuff as needed, back when I owned a Met.

Hope I’ve helped.
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Re: HELP installation of rear carrier

Postby basilwatts on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:59 pm

Thank you Gizmo! I went to the same Honda site and it kept saying unavailable. Tried it 15 different ways. Dont know how you got it but thank you soo very much.
basilwatts

Return to Maintenance, Modifications and Service Questions