Dormant Met bogs at mid throttle

Having problems with your scooter? Want to talk to people about modifying your scoot? This is the place!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Dormant Met bogs at mid throttle

Postby 09met on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Hi all,
I just bought an '09 Met that had been sitting for at least 2 years. I replaced the original battery, replaced the plug, changed the oil, replaced the fuel filter, drained the gas, replaced it with 100% 91 octane and cleaned the carb jets (I didn't soak it, I just took it apart, removed the jets and cleaned them out). It will now start and run. It will rev pretty high on the center stand.
However, when I ride it, it bogs at about half throttle. I have tried letting it warm up quite a bit at idle. I have seen about 30mph down a slight hill. If I feather the throttle, it will rev a little higher but not much. I would guess the slide isn't opening all the way.
I have ordered a ruckus #75 main, ruckus needle, D-bit, and will remove the intake baffle when those parts arrive.
I think it would be a good idea to get it running properly before I add these parts. Any ideas for me?
Thanks,
09met
09met

Re: Dormant Met bogs at mid throttle

Postby Stevenmrvl on Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:44 am

I just went through the same, with same model. Same symptoms, it was my jet with emulsion tube, not sure if I'm using correct terminology, but I had used a fine strand of copper wire, took a while between soaking and poking to get it through. But once through and reinstalled, works perfect ! Where you able to clean this jet to get such as wire through it ?
Stevenmrvl

Re: Dormant Met bogs at mid throttle

Postby Tanuki on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:21 am

Also check you intake box and the rubber cuppler between carb and manifold, sounds like it could be an air leak.
Tanuki

Return to Maintenance, Modifications and Service Questions