2015 Met drive pulley face removal

Having problems with your scooter? Want to talk to people about modifying your scoot? This is the place!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

2015 Met drive pulley face removal

Postby 317 on Sun May 13, 2018 8:29 pm

My apologies for the new topic, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what everyone uses to remove the drive pulley face to access the variator on 2013-2015 mets. The shop manual calls for a "clutch center holder" tool, but I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere. A few people have said to use an impact for removal, but how do I get the 44 lbf-ft when reinstalling it? Every how-to video on the web shows different model year scooters that accept a spanner wrench which isn't helpful for our 2015.

Any help would be appreciated - my wife is tired of 33-34 mph. Thanks.

Re: 2015 Met drive pulley face removal

Postby ICR55 on Wed May 23, 2018 1:27 pm

Kitaco Drive Face Holder (Honda), Model No. 674-0500010. Set it up so that the handle bears against the floor. Can be used for both drive face removal and re-installation, although an impact is easier/quicker for removal.

Order straight from Japan at Webike ("Web!ke").

While you're at it, also get the Special Parts Takegawa "Universal Holder", Model No. 00-01-1002. Makes clutch / driven face removal easier. Clutch disassembly is a bit tricky, but is helped by the Takegawa part.

Both tools will fit in the luggage box, and come in quite handy for changing the belt.

Good luck.
ICR55

Re: 2015 Met drive pulley face removal

Postby greginisn on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:43 am

Maybe a little late on the reply but here goes. Try a 12 volt impact tool I have a Kawasaki brand and it works very well by itself and you won't need any other "holding tools". I have also removed and disassembled the clutch with that same tool. I did have to buy impact sockets for the clutch, the smaller one and that giant 38 - 39 mm inner nut.

You can use it for reassembly too after first spinning on the nuts by hand to make sure they're not x threaded. One good whack what with the impact tool and consider your nuts torqued up.

Good luck, Greg
greginisn

Return to Maintenance, Modifications and Service Questions