2015 Met stalls on cold mornings

Having problems with your scooter? Want to talk to people about modifying your scoot? This is the place!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

2015 Met stalls on cold mornings

Postby mangifera on Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:16 am

Exhausted the search feature for this problem so asking the hive what they think.

Twice this winter my 2015 met stalled, once right after starting this morning (17 deg F) and the second after riding for 3 minutes (back in December). My met is fuel injected; I ride it every day, battery tended in unheared garage, and the problem happened with full tank of treated gas. After it stalls the engine light won’t come on and it won’t turn over with the electric or kick start. After about 5 minutes the engine light comes back on again (and the fuel pump runs for a second like normal) and I can start it up. Ideas?
mangifera

Re: 2015 Met stalls on cold mornings

Postby mangifera on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:50 pm

Update. When I press the engine kill switch DOWN (not UP) while the engine is running, it cuts the engine. I don't flip the kill switch, I just push it down harder to "ON" and that kills the engine. Is this a faulty switch? What am I likely to find if I open this up?

Thanks!
David
mangifera

Re: 2015 Met stalls on cold mornings

Postby ICR55 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Switch sounds suspect. I just did the same press test on my 2014 without effect.
I'd check continuity from the switch.
Pulling headlamp & handlebar rear lower cover should give access to a 4P connector from the switch.
Wires from stop switch are black/white & black/blue.
ICR55

Return to Maintenance, Modifications and Service Questions