How-To: Find Honda Part Numbers

Having problems with your scooter? Want to talk to people about modifying your scoot? This is the place!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

How-To: Find Honda Part Numbers

Postby lilpinny on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:35 am

If you need to replace an OEM part and you have no idea even what to order, here is how to figure it out:

Many dealers offer microfiche. You dig around through there, find the part and then it'll have it's Honda part number. Then you can usually order it through that dealer and they'll ship it, for a fee, or you can pick it up at their shop for free. Likewise you can use the part number to track down the part at partzilla, which might have better shipping rates. But you might not have that option depending on where you live.

I use Woods Fun Center. Let's say I'm looking for a new head gasket for my '16 Met since mine has a leak and need to be replaced.

Go to http://www.woodsfuncenter.com and click on the "Parts Finder"

Click on Honda

Click Scooter

Metropolitan (NCW50 AC) -- or whatever scooter you are looking for, the Ruck is the NPS50

Then start going through the pictures to get to the component of what you are looking for. I think I'm going to find the head gasket in the head cover section. click on that.

zooming in on the picture I see that gasket labelled as #2.

Cross referencing with the part list on the side I see:

I'm looking for Honda Part # 12391-GGZ-J00 ----- GASKET, HEAD COVER and it's $1.05

I can order it there or search partzilla/the internet for 12391-GGZ-J00. Or call my local dealer. If you can, it's better to pick small stuff up at the dealer for free since the shipping will be expensive for a $1.05 part.

You can find any Honda part using this procedure.
lilpinny

Return to Maintenance, Modifications and Service Questions