Hi Everyone! Need help!

Having problems with your scooter? Want to talk to people about modifying your scoot? This is the place!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Hi Everyone! Need help!

Postby befitt500 on Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi, everyone. I have been a member for quite a while, but I don't think I have made a post yet, actually, just saw that I have posted. You guys are awesome at diagnosing!
Regardless, I have a 2003 met chf50. My fuse box(backside) on top of the battery grounded onto the frame. Of course after that, the met wouldn't start. Turned key, no power, nothing. Yes, the rear harness wire partially melted the green ground. No other wires were melted, thankfully.
Ok, I have gone thru, thorough inspected the entire rear harness. I went through and replaced the ground all the way to the ECM. The ground insulation looked like it hot, but not exposed gr wire. I have tested battery, fuses, both relays.. I'm guessing its the ECM is fried. I removed it. Is there any ohm test, or whatever to check ECM or ?

Just a side note, I am/ have been going through cancer treatment since 2014. I am reduced to my little met getting me to dr appts. I'm desperate to be honest to get it running ASAP. Please advise. Thank you in advance!
befitt500

Return to Maintenance, Modifications and Service Questions