A links category would be great

Do you have a question about how this forum works or a suggestion for changes? Post here.

A links category would be great

Postby ronaldo on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:40 am

So far this has been the most helpful and up to date web site I have found for the Honda Aero.

I like to work on my scooter my self and I have not been able to get any type of help/ parts from dealers here in town.
When I need a part for the scoot it takes me about an hour to find a web site that sells it, i.e. carb rebuild kit, gaskets etc.

I think it would be a great service to have a single page having links to web site vendors where we can look to, to get parts. I understand some vendors are not the best, but could'nt users do like a ebay type of rating system. Where the vendors receive a star rating for their services.

I know it may be a pain at first but I know it is just a pain for me to find parts suppliers and really the only way I can find parts is by going to other scooter model web sites and going to their parts links and cross my fingers that the links still work and if they do, hold my breath that the dealer has a Aero 125 option. But to have a list of good links on urban scootin and know the links are solid and know the link I am clicking on will have Aero parts would be most user friendly.

Thanks for listening,
Ronaldo
ronaldo

Re: A links category would be great

Postby duderiffic on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:26 am

We used to have one and the traffic was so low to it that I killed it.

Would anyone else have any interest?
duderiffic
Admin

Postby Saiboogu on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:47 am

I'd like to see something like that. What would be great (if phpBB has any addons for this) would be a link directory with categories, user submissions, and some sort of voting so we can praise good vendors / links and flag places to avoid.

Might be a tall order - just brainstorming. :)
EPSP # 100
Saiboogu

Postby Winky on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:31 pm

I think it would be a plus. I mean the resource page thats been stickied is nice and all, but we need something on the forums so it would give ultimate ease of access and use (something with user submissions that could constantly be updated and reviewed by members) :D
Winky

Postby Hunin on Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:09 pm

I would like a links section of the forums too. The Kymco scooter Yahoo message board has a well done links section. They have most of the service manuals in PDF and several maintenance instructions. I think you need to make several links page with a specific focus. Most successful links page on forums are about a specific topic. I think you could easily do one for apparel, accessories and maintenance sections. I've been able to gleam at least a few dozen links to good posts or links to outside vendors which provide nice products for scooters. I have only been looking at this forums for a few weeks. So I'm sure some long time members can get you a ton of good links to authoriative posts.
Hunin

Return to Forum Questions / Suggestions