Hello From Broomfield CO

If you're new, welcome! Post here so we can all get to know you!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Hello From Broomfield CO

Postby bahlmann on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:54 pm

Hey Urbanscootin-ites

I wanted to write a brief intro to say hi to everyone, and see who may be close-ish to where I am... I'm in Broomfield CO, just north of Denver, and East of Boulder...

Last year, i picked up an 03 Ruckus with 600 miles on it... I have over 3000 miles on it now and absolutely love it... and...recently... I kind of stepped into a Met project which I am having some fun with. I managed to pick up a parts bike, a couple boxes of extra parts (from who knows how many other mets)... and an engine. As this thing has come together, it's earning the name "Frankenmet" but...IT IS ALIVE!!! coincidentally, tonight I actually got it running <:-{ ! I picked up all the parts for it for about 200, it's winter and I'm not a skier, so it's a fun project to keep me from going crazy until it starts to warm up again.

The met is fugly, and for now anyway... function is gonna come way before form... I'm hoping that by summer, I'll have a second scooter to play with, and if I'm lucky, I'll be able to get my wife to ride.

The forums on this site are fabulous. I've been referencing them obsessively (along with the service manual) for several weeks now. Thanks everyone for posting your knowledge!

--Brent :D
bahlmann

Re: Hello From Broomfield CO

Postby GizmoGal on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:43 pm

Welcome, Brent. Sounds like you’ve found great fun with scooters even when it’s too cold to ride. Glad you’ve found the forum helpful. Looking forward to reading your posts.
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Return to New User?