Should the front plastics rattle on my Elite 110?

Talk about just about anything scooter related here!

Moderator: urbanscootin mods

Should the front plastics rattle on my Elite 110?

Postby RuckusGal on Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:35 am

Wondering if something needs to be tightened. I checked all the 5 screws that mount the front panel on.

Just some rattling whilst scooting along.

Never noticed this on any of my other Honda scoots before. Usually tight and flushly finished.

Advice?

>:D<
My blog: www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
RuckusGal

Re: Should the front plastics rattle on my Elite 110?

Postby GizmoGal on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:10 am

Are you sure that rattle is coming from the front panel or fender? I find I hear a rattle coming from the drop door on the little "glovebox" or whatever that small compartment is on the inside facing wall. (I don't actually put anything in there, but I could fit gloves in it, I guess!) The door is only secured with a light latch and I hear that rattle on a bump or with street unevenness. No rattle from front panel or fender on my own Elite 110. Try again to ascertain actual source of noise. I will bet it is that little door and its somewhat loose latch. Door does not ever drop open no matter how much of a bump I go over, but it does make small chatter sometimes. I got used to it and do not find it annoying or distracting.

I bought the bike new and it does have its own occasional sounds that make it that much more endearing, but it runs perfectly. As you don't have yours very long, bought it used, and it is different than other bikes you've owned, you may have to accept what you hear as normal for that scooter and not worry. Doubt anything needs tightening.
EPSP #42-- First NY posse member!
GizmoGal
Staff

Postby RuckusGal on Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:19 pm

That is probably what it is.

I hadn't thought of that! It is not real annoying, just noticeable on bumps or rough pavement.

Thanks!
RuckusGal

Postby DaBinChe on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:10 pm

I never really noticed it until it was mentioned here....now I notice it every time I hit a bump...but then again it could be my banged up plastic body parts.
DaBinChe

Postby hdsteal on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:10 am

My other ride is a 1500cc trike and when I hit a "major" bump/hole I'll get a rattle when the fenders hit the wheels due to shock compression. Its been too cold to go w/out helmet on my new pick-up (Elite 110 on Monday) so haven't "heard" the rattle yet if I have one. I do hear a clunk when taking it off the center stand-wonder if that's the same type of "rattle" being heard. :-?
hdsteal

Postby RuckusGal on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Forgot about this post, but I figured out it was the latch on the little glove box. Now I don't notice it so much.

#:-s
RuckusGal

Return to General Chat